Graduate entry medicine 2013 – St George's/King's interview clash - swap?

Discussion in 'Guy’s King’s and St Thomas’ (GKT) School of Medici' started by SnowLeopard78, Dec 10, 2012.

1. SnowLeopard78

SnowLeopard78 New Member

HELP NEEDED!

I've been invited to interview by both St George's and King's - great! But on the same day, Tuesday 15 Jan 2013 - arrgghh!

Does anybody here have an interview for the graduate medical course with either St George's or King's on another day and would be willing to swap?

I told King’s as soon as I had my George’s invitation that I wouldn’t be available for interview on the 15th if they did choose to invite me. But they went ahead and invited me for the 15th anyway.

I really don't want to have to miss either of the interviews, but both admissions offices say all places are taken and the only other way I can move is if there is a cancellation, and I can't see why anyone would cancel.

Nice problem to have I know - I really never thought that scheduling difficulties would be my biggest headache in applying.

Please post or message me if you can help (or know someone who might be able to).

Thank you

2. Chwirkytheappleboy

Chwirkytheappleboy New Member

Are they at the same time? It's only a trip down the Northern Line between the two medical schools, so unless they're at the same time you should be able to attend both

3. SnowLeopard78

SnowLeopard78 New Member

Unfortunately they are at pretty much the same time.

4. Martigan

Martigan Super Moderator

Three points

a) You don't seem to have asked Georges. Kings only have 2 days and they are ALL allocated at once. Georges has several days and interview many times more...
    b) You can't just swap. By trying to, you are risking some one else loosing their slot.
    c) Please don't spam in multiple places. I know your scared, but posting the same message 5 times is more likely to annoy people out of helping, than get you more support.

5. SnowLeopard78

SnowLeopard78 New Member

a) I have spoken to George's. They said the same thing; the interviews have all been allocated and are set in stone. They can't move the interview despite having many more dates than Kings. I also spoke to UCAS and they couldn't do anything.

b) I wouldn't do anything to risk someone else losing their place - I would only go ahead if the relevant admissions office agreed in writing confirming to all parties involved and all parties (including the admissions office) were happy to go ahead.

c) Apologies for posting in multiple places, I hadn't realised this would cause a problem.

6. Martigan

Martigan Super Moderator

Hmm. Something must have changed, as for the past few years there have been a few clashes with Kings interviews. They have always swapped before. Well you have had some one offering to swap, so I hope it goes well.