1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graduate Application Buddies

Discussion in 'Personal Statements and UCAS forms' started by char.belle, May 18, 2014.

1. char.belle

char.belle New Member

Hey there,
    I was just wondering if there is anyone else applying for GEM Sept 2015 who wants to be application buddies? Help each other with personal statement, UKCAT revision etc? Let me know as I think I would find it really useful to discuss things with people going through the same experience!

Just a little about me....
    I'm Charlotte, 21 and I have a First Class BSc (Hons) Geography and almost finished my MSc Crime and Forensic Science. I ultimately want to become a forensic pathologist but it seems I should avoid writing this on my PS lol. I volunteer at King's College Hospital in the critical care unit and at St Thomas' Hospital in the children's blood clinic. I have work experience for a week in my local hospital experiencing obstetrics, A&E, ENT outpatients and viewed a couple of surgeries. I was Social Secretary for the Dance Society and Captain of the Ballet Team at my first uni and we danced in care homes and taught children etc. I also volunteered at a school for children with learning difficulties and helped them with the Toe-By-Toe reading scheme. I have Silver DofE. And i'm part of the cheerleading team at my current uni. I'm also trying to organise more work experience for this summer and i've been shortlisted for a job as a donor carer so got the interview next week. Hopefully this is enough for my application but as I said i'm constantly on the lookout for extras and applying for things! I also work part time in a theatre front of house which i've done for years, and worked part time in Primark for 4 years previous to that..customer care and all that haha.

2. LePomS

LePomS Member

So do you want to be a doctor or not? I'm not clear on your motivation.