1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graduate applicant for 2012 entry

Discussion in 'Sheffield Medical School' started by lemontea, Oct 17, 2011.

1. lemontea

lemontea New Member

Hi, I was wondering if there's any graduate applicant for 2012 entry to sheffield medical school?

2. glinds21

glinds21 New Member

Hi folks,

Don't mean to take things on a tangent, but I was wondering if any prospective/successful GEM students could give me advice!

I'm currently studying Diagnostic Radiography (BSc hons) at Glasgow Caledonian University, but I have a burning ambition to go on and study medicine after I graduate! Is this even realistic? Would my undergraduate degree be enough to gain access to a 4 or 5 year course, if I had a good ukcat and plenty of work experience? I haven't seen anyone else on this site who has applied with a degree in Radiography, so I'm a little worried!

Thanks for your help!!

3. lemontea

lemontea New Member

Hey glinds21, yes its definitely achievable, I think I have come across other applicants on newmediamedicine, or another forum (cant rmb) that applied with a degree in radiography.

You degree can get you into either 4 or 5 yrs programme, depending on the universities you are applying to. Check this out: Medschoolsonline - Where do I start: medicine for graduates and mature students

Dun worry, you will be fine, make sure you get at least 2:1 at your degree as well.

4. Dark Knight

Dark Knight New Member

I see you were given a conditional offer for a 1st, is the conditional offer what you were predicted ? I am considering getting my tutor to predict me a 1st to improve my chances but i am a lot more likely to achieve a 2.1 and don't want to screw it up by having bee predicted to a first.

5. lemontea

lemontea New Member

Hey Dark Knight, sorry for the late reply. Yes i am predicted to get a first. However, i was given conditional offer for 1st only because I didn't meet their Sheffield Medical School's A level requirement for a 2:1 offer (BBB at A levels). So if you have at least BBB (it might have changed so check the med sch's website), then a 2:1 is fine.

hope this helps :)