1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GMC registration

Discussion in 'IMG Forum' started by gkskumar12, Jan 20, 2016.

1. gkskumar12

gkskumar12 New Member

Hello Friends

I will be very great full if some body can give me an idea what will be the reply from GMC if i apply for my registration based on my situation / if u can guide me what to do ?

To start with i finished my medicine in EU country and i was a non EU citizen while studying medicine and as i finished my degree i moved to UK.
    Due to my limitations with visa and registration and financial situation when i moved to UK, i started taking odd jobs and went into my own business .Now its almost 10 years since i graduated and i have British Citizenship .
    But in between i went back to India and got my full registration as doctor there and also from last 2 years i am working in Primary care as a HCA to get back into medicine.
    So where do i stand with regards to my registration when i say this to GMC??
    will they just reject me saying not eligible or will they give me any options ??
    Am i eligible to do do PLAB ?

What else i can do to be eligible?

Any thoughts/advice is appreciated.

Thank you

2. Caduceuz

Caduceuz New Member

GMC is quite straightforward when you ask them a question and they are quite helpful. A medical degree is a medical degree. Just take the plab 1 and 2.

being a doctor is worthwhile and forget the delayed that you experienced. What is important is what you do today.