1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GEP interviews...im on march 26th

Discussion in 'St George's, University of London' started by spikus, Mar 4, 2007.

1. spikus

spikus New Member

anyone else in on the 26 in the afternoon?
    anyone know how long the interview process is? and what it entails?

2. jasmin_101

jasmin_101 New Member

mines on 27th!

they say its about 40min and the interview panel dont know anything about u except ur name and that u achieved above cut-off in gamsat!it meant to make it more fair.

hav no idea what to expect either!if u find out let me know!

3. frenchtoast

frenchtoast New Member

Im at 1.30 that afternoon. We have to arrive at least 30mins before to process all the paperwork (copies of our certificates and originals for checking)... yikes! scary!

4. jasmin_101

jasmin_101 New Member

tell me about it!havnt even got any offers yet...did southampton interview or offer without interview?didn apply there this yr, might apply there nex yr if need be...cant believe interviews 40min!how r u preparing?hav exams at uni which finish on 26th so dont much time to prepare!

5. frenchtoast

frenchtoast New Member

bad luck re exams, i just have some horrific essays to write!
    Southampton do not interview for GEP, just on PS and reference. Emphasis is on non academic qualities as far as I understand it. Feels like a bit of a lottery, really hope that they were right!
    It is good that the interview is 40 min - more time to sort out any mistakes and to get a real sense of yourself across!
    I won't discuss preparing and stuff, everybody has different ways of getting ready - "be yourself" and "relax" and "smile" are the useful pieces of advice I have had so far!

6. spikus

spikus New Member

thanks guys...do we bring the completed crb to the interview too?
    i've done a fair few interviews and each time i adjust slightly...yeah the obvious is try to relax...recently however i also realised that irrespective of your nature, its probably wise to temper your opinions...not act conservatively per se but judgements/opinions that are absolute or extreme...not such a good idea...funny i know cause im passionate about medicine and passion doesnt tend to be 'average middle of the road' if you know what i mean... :)
    good luck guys!

7. Lizziwizzy

Lizziwizzy New Member

I'll be there on the morning of the 29th... although I'm abit concerned because apparently the interview counts as my Nottingham interview too so if it goes well that's great... but if anything goes wrong that's TWO applications messed up in one interview! Eek!! :s Good luck in your interviews!

#7 Lizziwizzy, Mar 6, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
  8. Will S

Will S New Member

Hey have inteview at George's on the Wed 28th March, 9.30am...
    Anyone else goign to be interviewing that day?

9. Rhian1980

Rhian1980 New Member

I'm on the 28th, at 1030.

10. Will S

Will S New Member

Awesome hope to see you on the day.. put face to a name!
    Good luck

11. Will S

Will S New Member

Awesome hope to see you on the day.. put face to a name!
    Good luck

12. Rhian1980

Rhian1980 New Member

I'll be the one busy biting her nails in the waiting room....
    Hope it goes well 4 u too!!!!

13. joanne82

joanne82 New Member

Does anyone know if they ask the same questions each year for GEM, I know the questions for say all 2006 interviews are the same but are these the same for 2007? I cant imagine spending 40 minutes in an interview! I know that interview questions cant be posted up but for past people how difficult did you find the interview? Im worried that some of the questions will be really complicated and I wont understand them! Was there previously ethics/ scientific questions? Im also imaging that the interview panel will just sit there looking stoney faced just firing out questions!
    Thanks for any help/advice anyone can give!

14. frenchtoast

frenchtoast New Member

You're my direct competitor for a place, (and I REEEEEELY want to go to St. G's!) so not really going to give much of an answer!
    There is an open day on tuesday where you will have the opportunity to ask questions though, so it's probably better to call admissions/ask then than relying on this forum for accurate advice. Anyhow, good luck, see you there - Ill be the girl at 1.30 looking very uncomfortable and fidgety in her suit!
    Just relax! I haven't heard that they are mean, there isn't much point in that strategy now!

15. midnite-oil

midnite-oil New Member

Giving any clue as to questions is not in anyone's best interests, but I would say just 3 things, which they told us last year in the pre-interview GEP Open Day, so I hope I'm not giving anything away:

1. They are not trying to catch you out, nor are they after clever answers, just be yourself. They will recognise that people get nervous, and my interviewers were very kind when I first opened my mouth and nothing much came out. A sip of water helped! If you can coherently explain why you want to do this, they'll listen.

2. Everyone gets exactly the same interview, with exactly the same questions, so don't post them up after you've had yours. Anyway being overprepared sounds false, and they'll see through it.

3. Expect to be questioned about your work experience. I'm fairly sure I'm not giving anything away with that one. They DO NOT read personal statements, so it's your only opportunity to sell yourself.

Good luck everyone.

16. jasmin_101

jasmin_101 New Member

thanks for the advice.its much appreciated!u enjoying it there?

does the 40min feel long or not very long wen ur interviewed?am a little worried im gona run out of steam by the end!

17. Sofi_sticated

Sofi_sticated New Member

I am going on the 14th of March...anybody else joining me that day..??

------

ELOND-rejected:(
    KCL-waiting
    BITN-rejected:(
    SGEO- Interview
    BRUN- waiting
    BIRM-rejected