1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GCSE results required for applying for Dentistry

Discussion in 'Barts and The London (QMUL) School of Medicine and' started by Mo Shahid, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Mo Shahid

Mo Shahid New Member

Hi,

I am a parent and would like to know if anyone has any experience of any recent admissions (in the last couple of years) in to Dentistry and knows what the minimum GCSE grades that have been offered a place at QM or Kings College?

My daughter is very keen on studying Dentistry but she has achieved only 1 A* in her GCSE exams this year; she achieved A*in English Literature, 8 A including in Chemistry, Biology, English and Maths & 1 B which is in Business Studies.

I understand that in general the minimum requirement for admission in to Dentistry is a good set of GCSE grades (A-C grades) for most universities with the exception of Birmingham that requires A* in GCSE Chemistry and Biology; but knowing the demand for a place is very high I want to be realistic and don't want her to waste a year by applying for Dentistry if she stands no chance of getting an offer of a place due to her GCSE grades.

Could any expert in this forum give me some advice please? I would be most grateful. Many thanks.