1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GAMSAT Materials Advice - all you need to ace the exam

Discussion in 'GAMSAT' started by ganjamozart, Jul 31, 2017.

1. ganjamozart

ganjamozart Member

I have a previous thread here regarding the GAMSAT where I rank the materials you should get. I scored 82 from a non science background - Economics to be precise so I wasn't in a good place for S1 or S2.

I am seeing a lot of material being sold here for utterly EXORBITANT prices. If you are smart, you shouldn't be spending more than 100 pounds in acquiring all the material you need to ace the exam. I ended up splitting the cost with my friend when I prepared for the exam, but there is just so much misinformation on the web with regards to the material that you do need, and I find it highly questionable when people try and rip off grad entry applicants who are more often than not students strapped for cash.

Collins Advanced Science 8/10: good for general knowledge, if you are jumping into the science at the deep end. It's nice to have, but you don't need it, online resources such as Khan academy is MORE than sufficient to study from.

GAMSAT Gold Standard 3/10: other than the practice paper at the end of the book, this book pissed me off. It's marketed as the holy grail of GAMSAT, but it's way too shallow, and the stupid cat animation drove me crazy. You really don't need this.

Grad Med Science books & sample exam papers 8/10: Organic chemistry is not great, physical chemistry, biology and physics good. Exam papers, very similar to the real thing. Don't go on the course - I taught myself and I am sure you can too. You can get these materials used online for cheap. It's nice to have (the exam papers), but again not crucial. I see some adverts here trying to sell these materials for up to 500. Insanity.

Ozimed Sample Papers 7/10: Very recall based, so unlike GAMSAT in this respect, but a good starting point to check your science knowledge. Verbal reasoning, way too easy.

Guru Method 7/10: It's decent. Nothing spectacular, their collection of questions are fairly similar to the GAMSAT.

Medprep Sample Papers 7/10: Fairly similar to actual GAMSAT.

Des O'neill 9/10: Epic question bank, endless questions, several practice papers. All the practice you need and more. You can get it cheap as PDF. I consider this the Holy Grail of GAMSAT study materials.

Griffiths Review 8/10: Good overview, cheap, worth getting.

N.B. Obviously get the acer material!

If you are interested in some of the materials above, feel free to message me as I have some of them and know a fellow medic at Imperial who has the Grad Med material.

#1 ganjamozart, Jul 31, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    cocopops likes this.
  2. cocopops

cocopops New Member

Hi ganjamozart,

I'm really interested in the gamsat study material that you mentioned in your post. Are they still available?

Thanks, :)

HI GANjamizart,

3. Sago Kinetic

Sago Kinetic New Member

Hi GanjamOzart,

I would interested in the Des O' Neill pdf questions.
    I agreek Griffiths gamsat is good for direction.
    I am not sure about Medired 1 & 2.
    How much is it for the pdf DON questso.
    And are these from the green S3 or red S1 book?

4. ganjamozart

ganjamozart Member

Sent you a message.

5. TheNomad

TheNomad New Member

Hey I’m interested in the study material if they are still available. Thanks