1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gamsat guru guide any good?

Discussion in 'GAMSAT' started by driver rider, Sep 26, 2010.

1. driver rider

driver rider New Member

Hi as per the the title,wanted to know if gamsat guru guide comes highly recommend by persons who have been successful with gamsat.or is the griffths study guide the better option?your help is much appreciated.

2. Biologic

Biologic New Member

I used Griffiths and Des O Neills, plus a few extras. Griffiths is good for a general overview and some tactics for approaching the first 2 sections, but won't prepare you without another supporting text. I didn't use GAMSAT Guru because I didn't hear great things about it when I was researching my options. Des O Neills is expensive but very comprehensive, I was happy with my choice.
    If you decide to rely completely on Griffiths (not a good idea), keep in mind that he only provides a syllabus for section 3, which isn't near complete in my opinion, and doesn't explain the level of detail required. There are very few sample questions included so you might find yourself buying extra exam papers anyway. Des' notes have more sample questions than you can shake a stick at.
    If you've anymore Q's on GAMSAT prep just ask, I'm doing my very best to avoid studying anatomy.

3. driver rider

driver rider New Member

Hi,

Thank you for such a helpful post.I have sent you a private message I hope its not too much trouble.I just need a little clarification if possible.

4. gravymister

gravymister New Member

The free gamsat guru material is not very realistic for section III, it requires far more assumed knowledge than is actually needed.

5. rashman

rashman New Member

Hi,
    What preparation materials did you use to prepare for your Gamsat and UKCAT. Really good scores you got and how early did you start revising. I really want to get a place in Warwick or Nottingham. Thanks