1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GAMSAT 2011! It's all over!

Discussion in 'GAMSAT' started by snakefisch, Sep 16, 2011.

1. snakefisch

snakefisch New Member

So... how did everyone find it?

I don't have a clue how section I went. I found it very hard. Section II was also pretty bad for me, but I enjoyed the space exploration essay (the same cannot be said for humor!)
    Section III was OK. I was tight for time though.
    Can we compare answers?? :D

Hope it went well for everyone! It was crazy to see how many people were at the London centre. I estimate 2000 (>1000 in Lawrence Hall alone!)

Cannot believe it's all over!

2. jwhereat

jwhereat New Member

section 1 seemed fine to me. did brauns quote on space and its impact in knowledge and exapnded to talk about how humanity tries to gain knowledge. the unknown origin of humor essay, tihnk i waffled a bit. III went horrifically, mis managed my time a bit, brain went a bit wobbly at the end. But only time will tell...... wether or not i book a march gamsat

3. richadam

richadam New Member

Well done guys, good effort regardless of result! When do you find out?

4. soptah

soptah New Member

In comparison to my previous attempts at GAMSAT, I found this paper to be easier... Maybe because I actually worked for it this time. However I am still unsure on how well I have done. It is definitely better than my previous attempts, but is it better enough to get me an interview? Not too sure about that.

Section 1 was fine, not too many over complicated passages.

Section 2 quotes were easy, however I got nervous and wrote 2 very bad essays.

Section 3 was fine. The questions did not seem too hard for me, but I think with more time I could have been certain that I answered most correctly, something I'm unsure about at the moment!

5. Nevertoolate2012

Nevertoolate2012 New Member

Thank God it's over!

Section 1 - I don't know, I didn't fine it impossible and I didn't find it easy
    Section 2 - I think I did ok, I tried not to waffle but I didn't like the essays.
    Section 3 - Not too sure, I think some of the sample questions were easier and I was very pushed for time so had to guess at least 10 questions maybe.

We'll see. Hopefully, I never have to do that again!

I was also shocked by the number of people. I sat the test at Nottingham and there was easily 500+ people. Anyway, now it's time to wait and I'm not gonna stress this whole process has been stressful enough.

Well done Guys!

6. mystery_e

mystery_e New Member

The most scary part was that there was soooo many people there, you get to see your competition first hand.
    I had a similar experience to snakefisch.I just hope my efforts were enough!

7. nath99

nath99 New Member

i thought the essays were a little dodgy!

found that sections I and III were ok though! a lot of the section III questions were very similar, and all seemed to be related to prawns or fish for some reason haha

8. soptah

soptah New Member

My thoughts exactly!

The amount of people taking the exam! Wow!

I thought to myself, I'm going to have to beat around 80% of these people to get myself an interview!

Well I tried as well as I could in this short time I had to prepare, if it does not go well, then I'd probably attempt the March GAMSAT!

9. robin12

robin12 New Member

Was there really that many, I didn't think many sat the GAMSAT, only like 1500, well done to all those who sat it

10. snakefisch

snakefisch New Member

I knooow! I really wasn't expecting that many people. And from what I was read I was expecting more no-shows!
    When I got there, there was like 4 separate queues across 2 massive halls. In my hall alone there was definitely 1000 people. Didn't realise this many actually took the GAMSAT! Hopefully it's a trial run for most ;)
    Richadam, we find out in 7 weeks roughly. Can't wait that long!

11. snakefisch

snakefisch New Member

12. Gopaul

Gopaul New Member

It was very busy in Sheffield, and I think it may have effected the timings of the actual sections of the test.

I found I had to blind guess 20 questions in section I as I ran out of time, I was completly out of sync with the clock.

Section II was quite entertaining, I actually twisted one of the questions in the practice papers which was on humour! And the space exploration question was quite nice I thought, whether the quality of what was written was to the required standard is another question!

Section III felt better, which was surprising. Maybe they'll mark that paper harshly (increase the threshold), or I am living in ignorant bliss of loads of errors I've made!

I would like to think I would be able to get an interview, but I really am not too confident about it, which is rather depressing :(

The day before the test I had a promotion interview at work and I did'nt get it! You know what they say, bad things come in threes, GAMSAT could very be number 2, just waiting to be run over by a bus.........

13. ProcyonLotor

ProcyonLotor New Member

I was at the Sheffield test centre, and was actually surprised that the group wasn't bigger... first time sitting GAMSAT though so I wouldn't know what to expect. How did everyone find it?
    I think I did ok in sections 1 and 2 but I was really underprepared for section 3 :( and I'd like to know what people answered for the cartoon question too! I'm not very good at those so quite intrigued :D

14. Boozle

Boozle New Member

I found section one harder than the ACER practice, but mainly because I ran out of time and guessed the last 10 questions. Section 2 was great, the topics were fine and felt like I answered them ok
    . Section three however, was terrible! i'm really not sure if I have passed with my responses...only time will tell.

How did everyone else find t?

15. Boozle

Boozle New Member

and i think i answered 'ironic' btw...!

16. ProcyonLotor

ProcyonLotor New Member

Me too! let's just hope it's right... I feel the same about section 3, definitely wasn't prepared well enough for it.

17. Gopaul

Gopaul New Member

Certainly queing was certainly a pain! It was quite a busy venue (although by the sound of it it certainly was smaller than other places).

As for that question I think I put ironic down too, but I also thought it might have been a comment on the limited view of the child, certainly would make the joke funny. Anyway just remember the exam has 74 other questions, and if you're worried about one question you may have or have not gotten wrong, you might have gotten the vast majority right! Ofcourse I did guess 20 questions..........

It all depends on how the rest of the country found the test, if the majority found it easier the scores will be adjusted accordingly.

Oh by the way, in my conversations with candidates after the GAMSAT it appeared we might have been handed different test booklets in section III, (the questions on gait, some candidates said they never saw this question) is this something anyone else heard of this?

18. Gopaul

Gopaul New Member

Oh yeah one other thing! Only one cartoon!! Totally mucked up my planning! :D

19. Boozle

Boozle New Member

Oh by the way, in my conversations with candidates after the GAMSAT it appeared we might have been handed different test booklets in section III, (the questions on gait, some candidates said they never saw this question) is this something anyone else heard of this?[/QUOTE]

No I don't remember any questions about gait! I don't think so anyway...!

20. snakefisch

snakefisch New Member

hmm not sure if i remember such questions either. What were they asking about? there was one of SA ratio and stroke function etc.