From Poland med school to canada?

Moron

Hello,

I study medicine and just finished my first year. I love Canada and i really wish to go there one day,preferably Calgary.

So i was looking on the website of the calgary university if its possible to change during the studies from Poland to calgary. Are there people from abroad how did so before?
(I study in Poland,stettin, but on a english programme)

I could find only this in the FAQ, doesnt look very promising :confused:

4. Do you accept international students?

Currently, the Faculty of Medicine does not consider applications from individual international students. Presently, seats for international students are limited to those students who come from institutions and/or countries with whom the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Calgary has a formal, contractual agreement.

Or should I directly email the deans office to ask?

I would be grateful for any answer
regards

Scottish Chap

Super Moderator
Moron said:
Hello,

I study medicine and just finished my first year. I love Canada and i really wish to go there one day,preferably Calgary.

So i was looking on the website of the calgary university if its possible to change during the studies from Poland to calgary. Are there people from abroad how did so before?
(I study in Poland,stettin, but on a english programme)

I could find only this in the FAQ, doesnt look very promising :confused:

4. Do you accept international students?

Currently, the Faculty of Medicine does not consider applications from individual international students. Presently, seats for international students are limited to those students who come from institutions and/or countries with whom the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Calgary has a formal, contractual agreement.

Or should I directly email the deans office to ask?

I would be grateful for any answer
regards
I've never known a student to successfully transfer from a foreign medical school to a Canadian medical school. In addition, as you can see, most Canadian medical schools will not admit non-citizens.

Scottish Chap

Super Moderator
maple826 said:
I know someone who's transferred from an irish medical school to McMaster, just this year.
McMaster is a fully-integrated, three-year M.D. that uses PBL throughout. They do not allow transfers at any stage. Your friend must have been a 'start-from the-beginning again' student - essentially applying to McMaster as though they had not started studying medicine....or else they are telling porkies. That happens, but VERY infrequently; there's usually an issue that kept a student out of a medical school in their own country in the first place.

This is straight from McMaster's website today:
Q: Is it possible to transfer into the McMaster Program?
No, advanced standing / transfer is not offered. All applicants must complete the full admissions process and all successful applicants begin the program in Medical Foundation 1.

Blinda

Isn't there a dire shortage of doctors in Canada???I heard that they import doctors from Pakistan and India nowadays...Don;t U.K. doctors have priority gaining employment in Canada? After all, the Queen is also your head of state...

Scottish Chap

Super Moderator
Has anyone been admitted to McMaster from the UK? (As in medical school people....)
I know someone with a first in biochemistry from the University of Dundee who was admitted in 2000. He also had a Ph.D. from the University of Toronto. He was a citizen of Malaysia.