1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Foundation Years - Guaranteed?

Discussion in 'International Medical Students' started by CZephyr, Feb 19, 2013.

1. CZephyr

CZephyr New Member

Are all non - EU graduates from UK medical schools guaranteed posts as F1 foundation doctors after graduation?

Note: Sorry if this question has been asked before, I couldn't find a definite answer anywhere on the forum. Link me if I missed anything. :) Thank you!

2. lyds

lyds New Member

no i guess.... coz if u r an international medical graduate you will have to do ielts, plab 1 and 2 and then apply for f1. and when it comes to applying for f1 there are few critireae.... for information please refer to the gmc website. oh there will be an entrance exam as well for f1. it's a whole new process... i've read quite a lot about it.... well plaese feel free to comment me if you know more.... i'm about to sit for plab1 btw...

cheers... reply to my thread or u can send a private message.

3. Marcus17

Marcus17 New Member

I believe not if you are outside the EU but the best thing is to check with the medical school you are applying for. You need to be 100% sure because as you probably know without completing F1 year you are NOT a qualified doctor and your medical degree will not be accepted in other countries.

4. KJH

KJH New Member

non-EU graduates from UK medical schools don't need to take IELTS and Plab test. Those tests are for non-UK medical school graduates.

5. EmmaM

EmmaM New Member

I believe that at present all graduates - including non-EU - are guaranteed F1 and F2 positions. I also believe that specialty training positions are open to non-EU UK medical school graduates who have completed F1 and F2.

This could change, of course, but at present I believe it is the case.

6. Cephalosporin

Cephalosporin New Member

Apparently all UK graduates (this includes international students who graduated from a British medical school) are guaranteed foundation posts. Although this may change in the future.