1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Formal offer

Discussion in 'Emergency Medicine' started by Karenls82, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Karenls82

Karenls82 Member

Hi, for anyone who has been offered job - how long after they phoned with job offer was it before u got email and paperwork roughly?

2. Jack1991

Jack1991 New Member

I've still not heard anything, they phoned on 15/02/17 so this Wednesday coming will be 3 weeks. If I've not heard anything by then I'll phone for an update.

3. Karenls82

Karenls82 Member

Really? Spoke to somebody else just now who got offered on same day as u and they have their formal offer and date when starting, base station etc.....

4. LFord

LFord New Member

I started the VQ3 course in January.

I had my interview on the 17th of November and received formal offer along with a number of other documents a couple of weeks later which was approx. 4 weeks before my start date. Another colleague of mine who is on another course heard nothing for a number of months and was only sent information around 5 weeks before start date.

5. Karenls82

Karenls82 Member

Oh dear this is a bit worrying.....wouldn't want to hand notice in at work or book my driving test without any paperwork :confused:

#5 Karenls82, Mar 6, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  6. LFord

LFord New Member

We were both verbally given start date and base station over the phone soon after interview but the paperwork only came through 4 - 6 weeks prior to start date.

7. Karenls82

Karenls82 Member

Aw right thank you. I presume it all depends on areas etc would like to have something in writing but will wait and see!

8. Lotrov

Lotrov New Member

Hi there, I had my interview on 25th Nov, I had a call later that day to say I was successful, then received a further call on the 14th Dec to tell me where I'd be based and that I had a 26th June start date. I still hadn't received any official paperwork by the middle of February, so after another few phone calls to try and sort something out I received an email saying that I now had a 3rd April start date. I work away from home so received my official letter and contract by email on the 23rd Feb.

9. Jack1991

Jack1991 New Member

Hello, I called and attempted to speak with my interviewer, however at the time they were not in the building. I received a follow up email from her later that night stating that it would probably be a July start date......bit later than April that they originally suggested it would be.

10. Karenls82

Karenls82 Member

Sounds like I got the same email as you it was a generic email said should hear more information by end of march. I was told on phone that would be end of July for training. Not sure whether to go ahead and book C1 test as there's a long waiting list.....

11. MACALEE

MACALEE New Member

Sounds like a lot of folk are in the same boat. I had my interview at the end of Jan, found out next day that I had been successful and got an email a few weeks ago saying an update as to training dates would be sent out in 2-3 weeks (still waiting on training dates, on 4th week now).

Jack/Karen what areas have you applied for/were you interviewed for? I'm going for Glasgow and was interviewed at Motherwell.

12. Karenls82

Karenls82 Member

I applied for Borders and my interview was in Edinburgh.
    Did they give u any idea of when u would be starting ur training?
    I would just like something in writing so that I can plan ahead :confused: in saying that it's taken nearly a year to get to this stage....

13. MACALEE

MACALEE New Member

Nope, like I say, the last I heard was an email about a month ago saying training dates where to be confirmed. Still waiting....

It's good knowing I'm in, but I'd like to plan ahead too. Try and book a holiday and stuff which I don't want to do until I get a start date. They couldn't even give me an idea at interview, just said dates have TBC.

14. Karenls82

Karenls82 Member

Just hope I get enough time to hand in my notice at work etc....as you say it's good knowing im in but hard to plan ahead especially with childcare etc

15. Jack1991

Jack1991 New Member

I applied for Edinburgh and the borders with the hope to be placed somewhere in Edinburgh or the outskirts. The interview was also in Edinburgh at the beginning of February. I've since had a few emails back and forth with my interviewer regarding course dates etc. but they're still not able to give me any information that is 100% in terms of base station or course start dates. I was told i should hear something more conclusive by the end of the month.

16. MACALEE

MACALEE New Member

Likewise, phoned earlier this week and asked but got told nothing has been decided yet.

17. Karenls82

Karenls82 Member

Have u heard anything yet?

18. Jack1991

Jack1991 New Member

Still nothing since the last email about a week ago. She said that i should hear towards the end of the month..so another week or so hopefully

19. Jack1991

Jack1991 New Member

Still waiting to hear. Can someone post as soon as they hear anything? I'll do the same.

20. Karenls82

Karenls82 Member

If it's same area as me the hr person was on annual leave and just back today. Surely we have got to hear this week?!