1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extended Project Qualification or Critical Thinking?

Discussion in 'A-Levels' started by Chloee172, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Chloee172

Chloee172 New Member

Hi,

I'm in year 12 studying biology, chemistry, physics, art and critical thinking and want to ideally go to Oxford for medicine. Currently, we're deciding what to take to A2 next year and our school is giving us the choice of, along with our 3 or 4 main subjects, either carrying on with critical thinking or doing the EPQ. I'm mostly likely going to carry on with all 4 of my other subjects but am unsure what to choose out of critical thinking and the EPQ.

A few people have said that universities mostly care about the grades you get in your main subjects and so I'm thinking I might carry on with critical thinking as this will require less time and work compared to the EPQ, especially as I'm taking 4 subjects to A2, one of which is also art which is pretty time-consuming. However, I've heard that an EPQ related to a medical aspect if you're applying for medicine, is fairly useful especially when it comes to interviews and personal statements as it shows you have a genuine interest in medicine. Which one would be better?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

2. beccaharry

beccaharry New Member

Well many universities have started discrediting critical thinking/general studies soooo i'd probably opt for EPQ.