1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Everyone Applying for 2010! :D

Discussion in 'A-Levels' started by hamzahdabest, Mar 9, 2009.

1. hamzahdabest

hamzahdabest New Member

Hiii.. im hamzah.. in my first year of college.. thought I'd start a thread for everyone who's going to be applying for 2010. its our turn to start looking at the different medical schools, sorting out work experience, volunteering, looking at the entrance exams etc. Not long left before we start our applications (seems long but i bet it'll fly by), so why not go through the whole traumatic experience together! :D

... Roll On The Comments Everyone! :D

#1 hamzahdabest, Mar 9, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  2. Victoria Loman

Victoria Loman New Member

Think that is a brilliant idea, I too am in my first year of college hoping to apply for 2010.

3. hamzahdabest

hamzahdabest New Member

woo the first reply.. welcomee :D lol.. so where you from? you have any idea as to what unis you want to apply to?

4. Juliebee

Juliebee New Member

I'm applying for 2010 entry too ! Got my exams coming up in april in order to actually let me apply :S so nervous. I'm applying for aberdeen, glasgow, dundee, and edinburgh/southampton not sure about the latter two ... I'm doing medicinal and biological chemistry BSc at the moment :) hard work ... theres so much to plan for this application. I've sorted my work experiance but im so nervous about my grades gaaah! UKCat is scaring me too haha.

5. sara7000

sara7000 New Member

Helllllllllllloooooooooooo! I'm Sara and doing my highers. Im also applying for 2010, my plans are oxford, glasgow, edinburgh and UNSURE lolzz No idea for a backup and not keen on it cuz i might as well wait another year to get in. Juliebee u done highers or wht? And hamzah u from pak by any chance?

6. sara7000

sara7000 New Member

And im still struggling with my exp cuz ive not gotten into any hospitals yet :( ive got mostly youth related work experience and i believe it will also be helpful for med because it improves ur overall skills! and yeah the grand FINALE..........IM STRESSED Abt the UKCAT :( lolzz i guess all are hehe

7. Juliebee

Juliebee New Member

To Sarah:I'm a graduate applicant.:) I can't stop thinkng about people who apply to med school with perfect grades and don't get in . Argh! UKCat looks do-able though. It's only march and I'm already BURSTING with excitement and nerves over the rollercoaster of applying!!!!

8. sara7000

sara7000 New Member

oh yeah uve mentioned BSc above hehe my mistake! yup its tough and scaaaaaaarrrreeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! BMAT i think is more convenient cuz it has set answers, UKCAT seems waffle sometimes but when u get the answer its like oh i should have known this!!! GUD LUCK PPL :) where u applying hamzah?

9. sara7000

sara7000 New Member

btw does anyone know how higher education finances are dealt with in england, cuz u dont pay ur tuition fee in Scotland, but i was wondering how it goes in england?

10. hamzahdabest

hamzahdabest New Member

Heyyyy everyone.. nyc to see my thread is live and kicking :D.. sara what du mean by am i from pak? sory im jus bein a bih slow lol.. ermm tbh im nt sure where im going to apply yet.. still have to go to open days init which are gona run in liike june.. but i have leeds and leicester in my mind..

(a lil intro to me)

in my first year of col duin A levels in bio, psychology, economics and law.. i only decided proper to do medicine lyk a few month back.. so im planning to pick up AS & A2 chem nex year. Iv booked work ex at a hospital for july.. and i had a interview yesterday to do voluntry work at bolton hospice. Gona try getting work ex at GP n all. Oh and my gcses were: A*, Distinction*, 4 A's, 2 B's and 3 C's. not the best graades in the world, but hey im gona give it my all in my a levels!

Oh nd i loveeee football :D.. other intrsts includee jus chilinn, musicc, cenemas, stand up comedyy, and yh basicaly jus chilin! lol

So yh i fink dahs enuf bout me.. ur turnnn lol

11. Chunkeymonkey

Chunkeymonkey New Member

Hey!

Im Alex. In year 12, doing Bio, Chem, Phys and Maths. I got 4A*'s, 6 A's and 2 B's.

Jut applied to do some work experience at the hospital but not heard back from them yet!

What are you studying Hamzah?

12. hamzahdabest

hamzahdabest New Member

cool.. im sure ull hear from them soon :D

im studying biology, psychology, economics and law.. but im hoping to drop economics and law next year to pick up both AS & A2 chemistry.

Where you from alex?

13. sara7000

sara7000 New Member

well im sara, in fifth year(year 12 or u all) lolzzzz i like cricket and hate football lolzz i wanna do med no clue why mostly cuz a gut instinct, the most i rem is just wanting to do med :) hamzah i meant r ur family from pakistan or india by any chance? and alex how did u appl to hospitals? by post?

14. hamzahdabest

hamzahdabest New Member

oooryt lol.. ma fams from india.. urs? and whre you from in uk?

15. Victoria Loman

well to answer your question you have to pay for everything it is about £3500 a year, but obviously you can get grants or student loans. I was thinking about going to Edinburgh and it is one of my almost definite choices, as long as my A- levels go to plan.

I am doing bio, chem, maths, spanish and critical thinking.

Good luck to everyone who is getting module results tomorrow!!!!

16. hamzahdabest

hamzahdabest New Member

thanksss.. man im shittin it!!! i dont think iv dun well to be honest.. buh jus hve to wait and see.. gud luck everyoneee

17. Victoria Loman

They have become so strict with applications I don't know whether I will be able to get in if I get B or below so here is to hoping. :D

18. Chunkeymonkey

Chunkeymonkey New Member

Well, I dont know how to quote both of you, but Sara, I emailed the HR person of the NHS, not sure if it is region specific but you might find out on the website. Also, they will send you an application form which you need to fill in 2 months ahead in advance.

Hamzah, Im from Peterborough. Good luck with your results tomorrow!!!! :)

That goes for you all!

19. sara7000

sara7000 New Member

yeah i thought tht im from pakistan and in Scotland here, hamilton! btw ur thread is scaring me with ppls replies, cuz its goooood to feel not alot of applications will storm in hehe :)

20. sara7000

sara7000 New Member

so if ur going to edinburgh would u be consiederd as other scottish students who pay no tuition fee? thnx