Embryology Textbooks.....

saskia297

Can anyone recommend a good embryology textbook?
I currently have Langman's embryology from the library which is the recommended text for my course, but I don't find it very user friendly!

Anyone got any other suggestions I might try?
(They don't do an "embryology for dummies" - I've already checked!!! but if anyone feels like writing one.......)

Saskia
xxxxx

thom5455

saskia297 said:
I currently have Langman's embryology from the library which is the recommended text for my course, but I don't find it very user friendly!

(They don't do an "embryology for dummies" - I've already checked!!! but if anyone feels like writing one.......)

Saskia
xxxxx
Lol, I know just what you mean about langmans, its possiblly the most difficult to understand, bland, waste of money ever, in the whole wide world ever ever ever. For instance, I cannot understand atleast 50% 0f the words in that book even though my first language is english!

The embryonic disk is quite good, its user friendly and bothers to explain the big horrible words, its available in the MFL if you want to try it out.

NIYITEGEKA

about embryology

I have found embryology very interesting as it describe the human beeing from the begining and it show evidence for evolution:D

Saskia
xxxxx

mod_for_life

Are you kidding me, Langman's is well user-friendly! (well compared to my lecture slides it is). I'm in love with that book ...has amazing diagrams and really good summaries at the end of each chapter. It's easily the best Embryology book on the market. Langman’s = sex in a book.

NIYITEGEKA

how to get Langmann book

will yoyu tell me how I can get Langmann book at low price please?:D
Are you kidding me, Langman's is well user-friendly! (well compared to my lecture slides it is). I'm in love with that book ...has amazing diagrams and really good summaries at the end of each chapter. It's easily the best Embryology book on the market. Langman’s = sex in a book.

Everhopeful

Larsen's is the way ahead, brilliant pictures, clear text. Found it the only one that made me understand the subject! It's on Amazon...

SilverWing87

Lol, I know just what you mean about langmans, its possiblly the most difficult to understand, bland, waste of money ever, in the whole wide world ever ever ever. For instance, I cannot understand atleast 50% 0f the words in that book even though my first language is english!

The embryonic disk is quite good, its user friendly and bothers to explain the big horrible words, its available in the MFL if you want to try it out.

Hm, you see, I find the Sharmas medical embryology too thin, and although it has pretty pictures I find it bland. I personally love the Langmans.

Faye101

For a more concise overview 'Before We are Born: Essentials of Embryology and Birth Defects', Moore and Persaud, is really good. Also if you like learning from diagrams the anatomy and physiology colouring books have some really good ones, the text in theses textbooks is also quite well laid out. Hope this helps!

Henrik88

I agree that Langman's is a good book once you get into it, it is amazing what it teaches you. Originally there is a massive barrier of new terms, but something tells me no matter what embryology book you choose their will be ample amounts of words that you do not understand, just have an internet window ready and wikipedia / dictionary all the words you do not understand but suspect to be important.