Edinburgh applicants 2011

Discussion in 'Edinburgh Medical School' started by connorj, Dec 4, 2010.

1. connorj

connorj New Member

When do Edinburgh start giving out offers?

Anyone got one yet??

2. abbycarroll

abbycarroll New Member

Not yet... I haven't heard of anyone with an offer yet either. It's so unnerving they don't do interviews, completely hit or miss :/ where else have you applied?

3. connorj

connorj New Member

Yea I don't know anyone with an offer yet either!

I applied to Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Dundee and Queens and only have acknowledgements from them. Where did you apply?

4. abbycarroll

abbycarroll New Member

Edinburgh, Newcastle, Sheffield and Leeds. Been acknowledged by Edinburgh and had an interview at Newcastle a couple of weeks ago, but I'm fairly sure it went horribly. They asked me how much the NHS costs per year, I almost had a heart attack.

you can check here to see if your other unis have started giving stuff out yet
    Medicine Applicants Stalking 2010 Entry - The Student Room
    But they do it in pulses and in alphabetical order, my friend and I think, so don't worry if you don't have anything! :)

5. katekate

katekate New Member

I have an interview next week, they interview Grads for the undergrad course. Eeek.

6. Hilldo

Hilldo New Member

I haven't hear anything from edinburgh yet either... their website says offers out by march though, so hopefully soon! It's getting pretty nerve-wracking, I've not heard from aberdeen either since acknowledgement.

7. abbycarroll

abbycarroll New Member

yeh, i heard on their twitter site that they reject on a rolling basis until march and then offers go out in march. so i figure if i don't look at the mail or my emails or ucas till march, then i HAVE to get a place... right? haha

8. Peter18

Peter18 New Member

I applied last year to Edinburgh and heard nothing at all until a rejection on March 4th. Am now on gap year and have applied there again, heard nothing yet......

9. Hilldo

Hilldo New Member

I dunno if it's any help but a batch of offers got sent out on February 21st. Dunno how many though.

10. hbanana

hbanana New Member

I got a conditional!! Sooo happy, can't stop smiling :D at least I know i'm going somewhere :p wooo

11. doctor?

doctor? New Member

Congratulations on offer. Just wondering how long your application status stayed blank for on EUCLID and whether the 'fees status' changed immediately, or took a while?

12. hbanana

hbanana New Member

Sorry doctor? i'm not sure. i couldn't access my account for a few days during that period.
    My application status changed to: "We have made a decision on your application. Please log in to UCAS Track for details."
    and my fees status was just home fees. Not sure what it was before hand though.
    Hope I was a little bit of use! Did you hear anything?

13. hbanana

hbanana New Member

why does everyone want to go to edinburgh?