Deferred entry to start 2012

Discussion in 'Edinburgh Medical School' started by hbanana, Feb 24, 2011.

1. hbanana

hbanana New Member

Hi everyone,

I got an offer for Edinburgh Medical school yesterday to start 2012. Was wondering who else was deferring their entry. Would like to contact potential class mates! Can't believe I'm going to be a doctor! :) :) :) :)

2. welcome1

welcome1 New Member

If you were deferred entry to start in 2012? would that effect your funding to do medicine? As currently the goverment have raised the tuition fee's into higher education and may also get rid of the bursery and invest the capital back into the NHS.

3. hbanana

hbanana New Member

Hi,
    yes I believe you're right it would. However, I'm living in Scotland so will have my fees paid for.
    Are you deferring welcome1?

4. connorj

connorj New Member

Yea me too, I got an offer for deferred entry at Edinburgh starting in 2012 so am very excited!!!

5. kaodeve

kaodeve New Member

@hbanana and connorj: Out of interest, why have they given you deferred places rather than entry for this year?

6. hbanana

hbanana New Member

We applied for deferred enties instead of this year. I did so simly because I'm young for my age (only just turned 17) as I was put forward a year so would love the opportunity to embark on non-academic activities and earn money etc. Although I am worried I will forget everything I've learned!!!!! :S

7. kaodeve

kaodeve New Member

Ah thanks for replying. Sure you will be fine as you have a young brain...unlike myself...:)

8. hbanana

hbanana New Member

Are you a graduate? If so, what from?
    :)

9. kaodeve

kaodeve New Member

All details in my signature. Didn't get to apply to Edinburgh as despite being a graduate they looked at highers from many moons ago and they were not good enough.