1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cardiff interview panic!!

Discussion in 'Cardiff Medical School' started by Darren A.., Jan 12, 2009.

1. Darren A..

Darren A.. New Member

I have an interview at cardiff looming, but I'm struggling to find any Welsh health issues or news stories...I've checked out the BBC and googled various things but with no luck:(

Does anyone know of any interesting or distinctive features about health in Wales??

2. giella

giella New Member

There are distinct differences between the ways the NHS is managed in Wales, Scotland and England. There was an article about it in this week's BMJ. If you can't get a hold of a copy of that, you could always research it yourself.
    I can't honestly think of any myself and probably should be able to. I'll google and get back to you.

3. giella

giella New Member

OK, the issues affecting Welsh public health are more or less the same as in England, perhaps with differing statistics with regard to heart disease mortality and so forth. But the Welsh authorities have different strategies and initiatives from those in England. The change4life initiative is an English-only thing for instance.
    Take a look at this website:
    National Public Health Service for Wales (NPHS)
    It should give you some ideas.

4. monkeyboymeilak

monkeyboymeilak New Member

I had my interview at Cardiff today and although I don't have any information on that to help you! I would just like to say good luck and reassure you that the Cardiff interviews are really friendly. My particular interview was almost all personal statement based and was really enjoyable. Good Luck!

5. Darren A..

Darren A.. New Member

Thanks for the help giella, and good luck with your application monkeyboy...do you have to wait until march to hear a decision?

6. monkeyboymeilak

monkeyboymeilak New Member

Yes I'm afraid it is the end of March :(

Hopefully I'll stop thinking about it after a few weeks, doubtfull though!

7. Seren y Gogledd

Seren y Gogledd New Member

They announced a while back (before Christmas sometime) that they're going to screen for bowel cancer in people 54-70 or something in Wales, if you can bring yourself to research that! That was mentioned in lectures - you might get that particular lecturer interviewing you I suppose! That's all I can think of off the top of my head I'm afriad...

8. Seren y Gogledd

Seren y Gogledd New Member

Oooh and this is well obvious but remember that prescriptions are free in Wales but not in England!

9. chicadee3000

chicadee3000 New Member

Does anyone know when Cardiff stop interviewing and when you should hear from them?

10. 2009?

2009? New Member

My book says for undergrad they interview Nov- March and for postgrad they interview in Feb.

11. gm88

gm88 New Member

are you likely to struggle if you don't know anything at all about the welsh NHS

12. helensambo

helensambo Guest

Dearest One ,

i delighted to write you after going through your profile and i dicover that you are a responsible Women, below is what i needed from you.I am Helen Sambo from sierra leone, leaving in Ivory Coast and am contacting you because i need your help in the management of a large sum of money that my late father Late Chief Claude Sambo intended to use for an investment overseas before his death and also help me to come up in your country to stay with you and continus my studies.

The amount is 7 Million USD, deposited in a bank here in Abidjan. Its such a large amount that I don't even know were to start from due to my age and condition here. I lost my mother long time ago during child birth and ever since then, I have been with my father until his death as the only child. My Late father was a very rich Cocoa farmer and he was poisoned by his business colleagues. Now i want you to stand as my guidian and appointed beneficiary to help me see that this fund is transferred to your account in your country since i am just 21 years and an orphan. I am not safe here because of the political crisis going on here for some time now and am also afraid my late father's colleagues might come after me. I am presently in the asylum camp. Please permit me to ask you few questions:

1. Can I completely trust you?
    2. What percentage of the total amount in question will be good for you after the money is transfer to your country? I would let you decide that
    3.Can you help me to come over to your country and further my educational carrier?
    4. Can you assure me of the confidentiality of this transaction, So that when coming into your country there would not be focus of attention on me? please you can get back to me with my email: helen.sambo@hotmail.fr
    5. Your Name
    6. Postal Address
    7. Date of Birth
    8. Telephone and fax numbers
    9. Profession with position

As soon as you send the me the information above that i demand for. i will go to the bank with it and introduce you to the bank as my father foreign partner so that the bank will recognize you. and transfer the money to your bank account as my father foreign partner

Kindest regards
    Helen Sambo