1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canadian Highschool student applying in the UK medical school

Discussion in 'International Medical Students' started by katiegerrard8, Jun 5, 2013.

1. katiegerrard8

katiegerrard8 New Member

Hello,

I'm a Canadian currently in Grade 11 looking to apply to different UK medical schools, I was thinking about Leeds, Aberdeen, York-Hull, and St.George (UCL)

I have a few questions....
    - First, my average,,,, I already e-mail the schools for clarifications and they told me only the minimum mark,,,,
    Right now, I have Grade 12 Biology 95
    11 Chemisty 93 - going to take 12 CHEM in first semester (upcoming september)
    Going to take 12 English at summer school, I had 90 at 11 English
    12 Business University/ College M course 97
    12 Calculus - going to take it in first semester!!!

- Secondly, I am starting COOP at nursing research at hospital this coming September, I think I can use this as my work experience when I put an application....
    - Thirdly, I am going to volunteer at Nepal hospital for 3 weeks this October, and I am volunteering at hospital as a assistant coordinator for special events. I also volunteer at church as a sunday school teacher for 2 years, and I have been tutoring kids for more than 3 years. Ohhhh,,, I am goint to Dominican Republic on January for volunteering. Do you think this information can help me?
    - Lastly, I am scare for UKCAT.... what if I do really bad :( So, I want to know the safe cutline for students to get acccepted!!!

*************** Do you think that I have possibility to get accepted??
    I need alot of help :(

I really appreciate anyone who can give me an advice on anything :D

2. TheTool

TheTool New Member

I think you may have a chance with sheffield university. I do not really know about the other uni's

3. katiegerrard8

katiegerrard8 New Member

Thank you for the reply

I don't think university of sheffield accept students who graduated only highschool... I thought they accept only people with 4 years of undergraduate degree....

4. TheTool

TheTool New Member

They used to a few years ago but it might have changes, you could try ringing them up but I am pretty sure that your high school diploma would be enough.

5. katiegerrard8

katiegerrard8 New Member

oh okay :p I hope they accept the high school diploma.

Does anyone know if university takes upgrade marks?

6. CanadaMed108

CanadaMed108 New Member

I think you have a decent shot. Your grades are good and your healthcare experience is good. I know St Georges really cares about work experience. If you do well on UKCAT i think you are set.