BSMS Post Interview Hold List

Discussion in 'Brighton and Sussex Medical School' started by Medlover, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Medlover

Medlover New Member

Hey,

I had an interview for BSMS in November and have been told I have been placed on the post interview 'hold' list as they cannot currently make a finalised decision on an offer or rejection as I am currently 'slightly' under the 'offer' point category.

Has any current medic experienced being placed on this 'hold' list?

I'm worried as I do not quite know if this is a 'kind rejection' or there is a chance I could actually be granted an offer.

Has anyone been issued an offer via this method?

Any replies are welcome!

2. holls_135

holls_135 New Member

hey, i also am on the post interview list. pretty disappointed tbh, although its better than a rejection i spose :/ i also would like to know what the chances are but i imagine they are pretty low

3. holls_135

holls_135 New Member

also my theory is that, the letter in hand signed.. so maybe the reserve list is small ;)

4. Medlover

Medlover New Member

Oooo a letter, I only received an e-mail.

Really wanna know how this 'hold' works, looks like this is the first year BSMS has done it for post interviewees.

Hope your theory is correct!

5. holls_135

holls_135 New Member

i got an email too which said the exact same thing ha! wasting paper they are!

and how do you know its the first year? are you basing this on previous thread because when i was searching for some there weren't any, just for those before interviews.

so annoying to this that we were so close!! fingers crossed! still have a glimer of hope i suppose! although lack of information does mean we know little about how this 'hold' works :/

6. holls_135

holls_135 New Member

sorry, loads of typos in that!

7. Medlover

Medlover New Member

Aye, just an assumption.
    Ive been trying to research it and I have only come across pre-interview reserve lists which seem completely different.

I'm still holding hope too, just thinking at least it's not a rejection!

8. kalamari dave

kalamari dave New Member

Post Interview Hold List Offer

Hi All, I was in the November 2010 interview batch, and was also placed on the post interview hold list subsequently, after what seemed like a terrible performance at interview!

I did end up receiving an offer in the end :D though they took their sweet time and informed me in late march (what a hellish five months!!!)

Anyways, I just wanna say is that a post interview hold list isn't the end of the world! There may be a light at the end of the tunnel. There was for me ;)

--Brighton 2011 medic (grades permitting!)