Best BMAT prep for Autumn 2014 test

Discussion in 'BMAT' started by ajax, Jan 27, 2014.

1. ajax

ajax Member

Hi there - I'm planning to take the BMAT in autumn 2014.

Given that time is on my side, I would like to start to prep early. I have been out of school for a few years now and thus could use a brush-up on A-level Biology, Chemistry, Physics and possibly Maths (although I use a great deal of Maths during my day job).

Can anyone recommend the best way to prepare, or at least some tips for making it through?

I will also be prepping for the GAMSAT at around the same time, so all overlap tips are also much appreciated.

Many thanks!

2. Muslim Medics ICSM

Muslim Medics ICSM New Member

Hello, there are plenty of BMAT books such as the "400 BMAT questions", "preparing for the BMAT" and "how to master the BMAT" which are all quite useful for getting a feel of the topic areas to revise and also contain practice questions.

Kaplan run BMAT revision courses throughout the summer period which can be useful when you're nearing the end of your BMAT preparation as they do practice tests under timed conditions. Imperial College, London run a day course called PotMed for prospective medicine applicants in September covering BMAT tips and practice questions and also personal statement one-one feedback and mock interviews if you're looking for other ways to prepare for the whole medicine application process.

Hope this helps, good luck!