Babyish Question

keiran91

Sure is, good money though and I just keep telling myself that if i don't do all the work I wouldn't be eating next year haha.
Was only 2 projects, thank god you don't need one for maths!:\ But yes it was a challenge but not as bad as I thought it would be to be honest, good teachers for a change made all the difference. However on a lighter note, mum and dad just left the house to me for 2 and a half weeks, cue the getting up this morning to sticky floors and the house smelling of sick lmao:(

Do ya have bebo btw?

ruridh17

Well Keiran i must say i am glad someone is taking a lighthearted approach to this forum at last.

Long have i been dwelling in the depths of despair for someone to inject just a little bit of humour or morality into this forum. But look at me, i have myself become a smart arse....

Anyhoo, enough of that. Firstly congratulations on getting into med school, though dont be fooled it isnt the hardest bit as some people say it is. Secondly i recommend you get faceook, as kensei has said. Bebo is a dying breed, especially from those who come from Dundee. Whatever you do, as soon as you move up here do not mention that name at all. It would be like being a dundee fan in the united stand during a derby... haha

keiran91

Well tbh with ya mate, I have to. It's now gotten to the point in my house where the fridge is empty, no clothes are clean and you have to physically lift your legs off the floors to get across the living room. Worth it though big time!

Yeh well I always thought that wouldn't be true about the hardest part is getting in and all that but I was definately hoping. I suppose I'll need to get it when i get there, just to be cool. ;) And I'd like it if you never mentioned Dundee fans on this forum ever again, turns my stomach. :(

natamac

Yes definitely join Facebook. Also joining a good medic freshers aberdeen 09 group is useful. Its how I met most of my friends at uni from shouting across the fresher's fair when we recognised each others profile pics

Kensei

Why the sad face? C'mon Keiran, you can be the founder of a group that's likely to attract around 50 or more medics (based on the popularity of 08 group)... I'd b happy if I were u :) Plus, u get a free advertisement here on NMM, I'm sure all the regulars will be rushing to join once you create the freshers' 09 page xD

keiran91

Look Kensei, I've only just basically created my facebook page in the past hour, i barely know how to comment my friends who already have it!

Kensei

No worries, nobody wants to put you on the spot or anything ("the clock is ticking!" ;) ). I'm sure that once you'll work out how to use fB you'll be glad u followed our advice :)

Kensei

yup, I guess there's no point in hiding it anymore. It's the 'wave' that occurs both in the Army and nearly all med schools. In the Deen, the most prominent example of such behaviour is Beerientering, where 1st years are ruthlessly forced by older medics to consume unimaginable amounts of alcohol and bear the consequences. It's quite inhumane, but that's the traditional initiation ritual. I'm sorry I have to be the one to enlighten you guys about it ;)

natamac

Yay, just like me last year. Was so excited about uni I knitted a scarf with the uni crest on it.
I have to do beerientering this year but as I only drink gin and whisky it may be a challenge.

Kensei

There are many who regret drinking just the half amount of alcohol you end up drinking when attempting to complete all the 'tasks' in Beerientering ;) One of the guys on my team had to be carried to the final 4 bars..

keiran91

Just need to wait and see then I guess, take it it's the second years who organise beerinteering or is it students from a few years?

Zoid_13

Sure is, good money though and I just keep telling myself that if i don't do all the work I wouldn't be eating next year haha.
Was only 2 projects, thank god you don't need one for maths!:\ But yes it was a challenge but not as bad as I thought it would be to be honest, good teachers for a change made all the difference. However on a lighter note, mum and dad just left the house to me for 2 and a half weeks, cue the getting up this morning to sticky floors and the house smelling of sick lmao:(

Do ya have bebo btw?
Sorry I haven't replied in a while, been away in London town.
Lucky you, maybe not so much the sick and sticky floors after, but the night before, yeah.

I do have bebo, but it's derelict, haven't been on it in ages, but I suppose facebook is the future ...