Attractive title

DannyAbuzainah

hello everyone,my name is Danny.I'm a 2nd year student at Damascus University med-school and I need some advice
on which textbooks are most thorough and up-to-date in all of the basic sciences.
here at Damascus,lectures are simply translations of paragraphs from various references.
I need to patch up my basic sciences with a quick review over major topics,I need to know if these are the classically best textbooks(and latest editions)
-for anatomy Moore 5ed and Yokochi (plus all the radiographic,CT,MRI,and ultrasound atlases)
-neuroanatomy ??
-histology Junqueira's basic histology 12ed and diFiore's atlas 10ed
-physiology Guyton 12ed
-embryology the developing human 8ed
-biochemistry ?? (I know more Chinese than biochemistry)
-genetics Hart and Jones 4ed
-microbiology ??
-psychology ?? (I have a good background but don't know where to start)
-pharmacology ??

help please,and thank you

House Jr.

hello everyone,my name is Danny.I'm a 2nd year student at Damascus University med-school and I need some advice
on which textbooks are most thorough and up-to-date in all of the basic sciences.
here at Damascus,lectures are simply translations of paragraphs from various references.
I need to patch up my basic sciences with a quick review over major topics,I need to know if these are the classically best textbooks(and latest editions)
-for anatomy Moore 5ed and Yokochi (plus all the radiographic,CT,MRI,and ultrasound atlases)
-neuroanatomy ??
-histology Junqueira's basic histology 12ed and diFiore's atlas 10ed
-physiology Guyton 12ed
-embryology the developing human 8ed
-biochemistry ?? (I know more Chinese than biochemistry)
-genetics Hart and Jones 4ed
-microbiology ??
-psychology ?? (I have a good background but don't know where to start)
-pharmacology ??

help please,and thank you
Not sure how much of these books will be applicable to your course but these are the ones that we've been recommended:
Anatomy - Gray's Anatomy for students. You'll need a separate atlas though and it doesn't have much in the way of imaging, but the diagrams are good.
Histology - Wheater's functional histology
Physiology - Vander's human physiology and Boron's medical physiology
Pharmacology - Rang and Dale's pharmacology

Sorry I can't help you with the rest, but some of the "at a glance" books are pretty good if you want to look at the systems separately, though they're not very thorough.

DannyAbuzainah

Not sure how much of these books will be applicable to your course but these are the ones that we've been recommended:
Anatomy - Gray's Anatomy for students. You'll need a separate atlas though and it doesn't have much in the way of imaging, but the diagrams are good.

Sorry I can't help you with the rest, but some of the "at a glance" books are pretty good if you want to look at the systems separately, though they're not very thorough.
thank you very much,and anything is compatible since this is irrelevant to our course(this is a university in a third world country,if you ever see one you'll understand what our (course) is).I will consider the books you recommended and may even use more than one.
this is exactly what I need,some names to check out.thanks again :)

aboutwart

Hey Danny,I thin you don't need anything more suggestion these are the perfect suggestions for you.