Applying for accommodation

Discussion in 'Brighton and Sussex Medical School' started by Pie9, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Pie9

Pie9 New Member

Does anyone know how to do it? Are they supposed to send you an email telling you ti apply?

I only just put my medical school charter form in the post today (and I got my offer about 4 months ago, oops), and they won't get it till Tuesday, so that might have something to do with me not hearing from them.

Just wondering, do people prefer the look of the Brighton or Sussex accommodation?

2. kdichard

kdichard New Member

I just got a pack through in the post
    Includes a form (looks easy enough, thank god!), a brochure for Sussex sites & a brochure for Brighton sites!
    I'm feeling Paddock Fields, because I loved the look of it & really think I need to be around all medics to make sure I don't have fun at the wrong times of term! Hahaha...

3. Pie9

Pie9 New Member

Does it give you a choice of which campus you'd prefer on the form, or do you just apply to the separate halls. I know where I want to go, they just havn't sent me the darn forms yet!

And you're the opposite of me lol. I want to go on the Sussex campus because it's a full campus, and then I won't be around medics 24/7 :)

4. kdichard

kdichard New Member

It gives you the brochures for both Sussex accomodation & Brighton accommodation, so the form is divided into each, but you just number them in order of preference (though it doesn't say how many numbers!) ... But yeah you just apply to separate halls!
    Where on Sussex do you wanna go?

5. Pie9

Pie9 New Member

Ahh, I see. Thanks :)

I was looking at Park Village, Park Houses, Brightenhelm and maybe Lewe Court (in that order) on Sussex. I'm not fussed about having an ensuite, but I know I want to be self catered and definitely have a sink in my room. I think I'd go mad without one lol. I'm not sure which it was, but I liked the look of the halls on the Brighton campus that had the 40 week residency thing, I just really want to live on a full campus :)

6. cookie_monster

cookie_monster New Member

Ha... I got sent a charter the other day, despite being rejected w/o interview... When I phoned them, turn's out it was meant for someone else... So whoever it was who hasn't had one, maybe I had yours!

7. Pie9

Pie9 New Member

Nooo, I had my charter, I just failed to return it :$ I have now tho lol.

Well done on your offer at Keele, its my insurance :) It's so pretty there but I live literally like 10 minutes down the road, so it's a bit too close to home :p

8. ghafa

ghafa New Member

hi guys looking forward to seeing you in september!

9. Fatmanshabba

Fatmanshabba New Member

East slope os the place to be, its really nice and cheap too! xxx