Applied for Edinburgh Neuroscience?

Discussion in 'Edinburgh Medical School' started by Crims, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Crims

Crims Guest

Hey guys,
    I've applied for Neuroscience at Edin as my backup :)
    I was wondering if any previous neuroscience (or other biomedical science) students could shed some light on the approximate time that it takes for them to give you a response. I know that several people applying for Manchester, UCL, Sheffield... have already got their Biomed offer. I was wondering if the wait was an Edin custom or if they're putting me on hold...

Thx again!
    Crims~

2. islastar

islastar New Member

I got an offer for Biochemistry at Edinburgh on Friday.

I looked at their website and it said 'In order to maintain a fair admissions system, in high-demand subject areas, we sometimes have to hold applications from suitably qualified candidates until we receive and consider all the applications submitted by the deadline.' I wasn't expecting to hear from them until March.

3. Crims

Crims Guest

Congratulations!!
    You do have outstanding results I must say :)
    Is neuroscience more competitive than biochemistry....hmm maybe? maybe not.
    Anyways I wasn't expecting to receive anything until march, but then I saw all these people getting offers for their 'backups' and it got me impatient :p
    Well, thx for your reply and I hope your BMAT went better than mine did... omg dreading tuesday...on the other hand I just NEED to know now.
    Btw I have my interview at Glasgow just 10 days before you... goodluck with that aswell !
    Ciao
    Crims~

4. TCIgirl

TCIgirl New Member

Hey!
    i also applied for neuroscience as my 5th choice at edinburgh and i still havent heard anything. everyone else who sent their application in january for the normal deadline are already getting offers and mine went 3 months ago!!!! and nothing yet
    i have only heard from oxford, and no other school!!

5. TCIgirl

TCIgirl New Member

i got a Conditional Offer for Neuroscience but it is AAA!!!!
    and on the website they had said that it would usually be BBB! and if u had AAA u could go into second year!!!

@ Crims: wat was ur offer?!