Applicants 2011?

Yellowmonkeyman

Talk about being a tease!, what do you know? ....share!?
lol, their website has not been updated, and also they dont have UKCAT results yet, how many have they given out? do u have one? (congrats if you do) :)
I do have one on the 13th of November :).. Only a few have been sent out I think but they don't need the UKCAT results yet since BSMS only use the UKCAT as a distinguisher between two similar candidates after interview (or so they said at the open day).

I do have one on the 13th of November :).. Only a few have been sent out I think but they don't need the UKCAT results yet since BSMS only use the UKCAT as a distinguisher between two similar candidates after interview (or so they said at the open day).
Wow! i want one! lol, congratulations! yeah i knew that about the UKCAT, i was just living in this naiive world that nothing was going to happen until after the 8th November, thanks for knocking me back to reality!
If you dont mind me asking, whats your academic profile like and when did u send your application off?

good luck, and get reading those articles!

Yellowmonkeyman

Wow! i want one! lol, congratulations! yeah i knew that about the UKCAT, i was just living in this naiive world that nothing was going to happen until after the 8th November, thanks for knocking me back to reality!
If you dont mind me asking, whats your academic profile like and when did u send your application off?

good luck, and get reading those articles!
I've got A*AA at A level and A*, 9As and a B at GCSE with a UKCAT of 637.5 :).

Thank you, I will definitely be reading every medical thing I can find :p

lexipower

I've got A*AA at A level and A*, 9As and a B at GCSE with a UKCAT of 637.5 :).

Thank you, I will definitely be reading every medical thing I can find :p
theyre giving out interviews already?!?! OMG. on the website it says theyre still screening for people who didnt meet minimum requirements?!
Well done for getting one!!
can i ask - did you hear by post or email? and also, when did you send your ucas?

thanks! congrats again :)

Yellowmonkeyman

theyre giving out interviews already?!?! OMG. on the website it says theyre still screening for people who didnt meet minimum requirements?!
Well done for getting one!!
can i ask - did you hear by post or email? and also, when did you send your ucas?

thanks! congrats again :)
The website isn't updated that fast by the sounds of it :p

I heard by email and I sent my app on the 27th of September :D

Jenny22

To all those with interviews,

are any of you grads? If so, have BSMS already requested your transcripts etc?

When I applied last year, they only requested mine quite late into December.

Ryan118120

Wooo just got an invite for interview today!!! Has anyone else recieved one? They only gave me like 5 days notice ... its this saturday, god knows how im going to prepare for it that quickly!

lexipower

Wooo just got an invite for interview today!!! Has anyone else recieved one? They only gave me like 5 days notice ... its this saturday, god knows how im going to prepare for it that quickly!
well done! aw im so jealous, still havent heard anything
did they call you?

Ryan118120

well done! aw im so jealous, still havent heard anything
did they call you?
Haha, dont be, im so stressed now :/
They just sent me an email like 40 mins ago, cant believe how little notice they give, ur bound to get one with ur grades .. there amazing! Knowing BSMS u will get an emial tomorrow haha.
What r ur unis in preference?

lexipower

Haha, dont be, im so stressed now :/
They just sent me an email like 40 mins ago, cant believe how little notice they give, ur bound to get one with ur grades .. there amazing! Knowing BSMS u will get an emial tomorrow haha.
What r ur unis in preference?
haha thanks :) yeah my grades are fine...i hope my personal statement wasnt crap or something
email? ok good - on the student room people are saying theyre getting phonecalls, i would blatantly miss the call..
umm to be honest i'll go to any of them i love them all! i really really like UCL, but i think i messed up my BMAT haha so nevermind! BSMS is probably my next favourite

Ryan118120

haha thanks :) yeah my grades are fine...i hope my personal statement wasnt crap or something
email? ok good - on the student room people are saying theyre getting phonecalls, i would blatantly miss the call..
umm to be honest i'll go to any of them i love them all! i really really like UCL, but i think i messed up my BMAT haha so nevermind! BSMS is probably my next favourite
Im sure its not! Email it was ... i think thats well wierd to phone to invite an interview :/
Oh cool, yea i like UCL, i just didnt want to do the BMAT .. im so bad at maths, and my GCSEs arent good enough haha.
OH cool, i hope you get an interview then.
Only problem is, i cant find out anything about BSMS interview, so i will be walking in a bit blind, i will just have to over prepare :)

lexipower

Im sure its not! Email it was ... i think thats well wierd to phone to invite an interview :/
Oh cool, yea i like UCL, i just didnt want to do the BMAT .. im so bad at maths, and my GCSEs arent good enough haha.
OH cool, i hope you get an interview then.
Only problem is, i cant find out anything about BSMS interview, so i will be walking in a bit blind, i will just have to over prepare :)
yeah it is weird isnt it! yeah the bmat was an interesting experience lol, but hey i gave it a go! well youve got loads of interviews so im sure youl be absolutely fine! cant believe UCL rejected you for biochem - is that cus youre a medical applicant?

Ryan118120

yeah it is weird isnt it! yeah the bmat was an interesting experience lol, but hey i gave it a go! well youve got loads of interviews so im sure youl be absolutely fine! cant believe UCL rejected you for biochem - is that cus youre a medical applicant?
Ahh thanks :)
I Know i cant believe they rejected me, coz last year i applied to oxford for bio for my back up and i got an interview, so i thought i was being sensible this yr applying to UCL for biochem, though my PS is super medical and i did make it v clear that all i want to do is medicine haha so maybe thats why???!!! Nver mind, not like it matters now that i have all my interviews :)