Anyone got interviews?

Keeno

Suppose that is the good thing about applying to 4 Scottish Unis. They don't really care how you do in AH's unless you fail. How great would that be? Knowing you had an unconditional, regardless of exam results.

claire1989

Hey i have one for the 12th december for abdn den i hav 1 for Glasgowon the 13th, but i dnt knw nefing bot the abdn interview, wot to expect etc. also 2day they told me they dont hav my Ukcat results so i had to email them to them today!!

claire1989

amagroove said:
I had an Aberdeen interview last Wednesday. I wouldnt worry guys, they told me theyre interviewing everyone and i guess it just depends on when they get to your application....nothing more than that ;) Good luck to everyone!

hey cud u plz tel me any ques or nefing bot the interview u remembr!!! my interviews on the 12th dec fanx :p :p

FionaBrid

I got my acknowledgemetn from aberdeen havent heard nething else yet though, all this interview stuff is getting me so nervous lol

Keeno

Lorah, just noticed you were unsuccesful at Oxford :( . Unlucky. They don't interview many people though do they? I know about 8 people who applied for Cambridge and they all have interviews. They do interview about 90% of applicants apparently.

Hope you get something from one of your other choices. I would be gutted if I didn't get in cos I've spent the past 2 years working towards my application.

Good luck :)

Lorah

Keeno said:
Lorah, just noticed you were unsuccesful at Oxford :( . Unlucky. They don't interview many people though do they? I know about 8 people who applied for Cambridge and they all have interviews. They do interview about 90% of applicants apparently.

Hope you get something from one of your other choices. I would be gutted if I didn't get in cos I've spent the past 2 years working towards my application.

Good luck :)
thanks hunni, yeh they interview about 40-50% at oxford according to BMAT/GCSE stuff but evidently my BMAT wasnt good enough!! i just hope i hear something from somewhere soon, else il b majorly paranoid! i havent had any post for a few days... i think my postman has been scared off by the bad weather :S xoxox

amagroove

claire1989 said:
hey cud u plz tel me any ques or nefing bot the interview u remembr!!! my interviews on the 12th dec fanx :p :p
I really wouldn't worry bout it. Um...know the course well and they seemed to like work experience so be ready to answer anything on that! The questions they asked were pretty average, nothing was asked which completely threw me off or surprised me, so just go in and be yourself, u'll do gr8 ;) Good luck all :D

Keeno

Lorah said:
i just hope i hear something from somewhere soon, else il b majorly paranoid! i havent had any post for a few days... i think my postman has been scared off by the bad weather :S xoxox
The weather is awful. I was nearly blown over walking to school! I am also really paranoid probably because I got one really early interview and now I am waiting for ages to get the next. Especially for Aberdeen. I keep logging in to the portal and seeing no change. It is so depressing:(

runnerbrookes

Yeah it sucks that we've not heard anything. Is there any order to this whole shebang of giving out interviews? Are Advanced Highers meant to be harder than A levels?????? I never knew about the not caring what we got for our AHs. *Andy shouts "Score"*

Lorah

Keeno said:
The weather is awful. I was nearly blown over walking to school! I am also really paranoid probably because I got one really early interview and now I am waiting for ages to get the next. Especially for Aberdeen. I keep logging in to the portal and seeing no change. It is so depressing:(
hehehe i keep logging into my portal too but no change!! i dont really understand what its for anyway seen as if were given an interview they have to send us a letter and if we get rejected we'll know through UCAS... i guess its supposed to tell us earlier? who knows!

(and still no post today :( )

Keeno

Yeah typically the letters they send take 2-3 days to arrive whereas the portal is meant to be updated overnight so you should in theory find out earlier. Do you still get mail? Your postman must be on holiday or something. Just how bad is the weather where you live. Sure it's windy and rainy but can hardly call it torrential. Where in the NE do you live? Further north than Newcastle?

claire1989

amagroove said:
I really wouldn't worry bout it. Um...know the course well and they seemed to like work experience so be ready to answer anything on that! The questions they asked were pretty average, nothing was asked which completely threw me off or surprised me, so just go in and be yourself, u'll do gr8 ;) Good luck all :D
Fanx for the advice! well il try n be myself n i hope i know enough lol! im more worried about the travellin tho cus i av d fly d glasgow dn get the train up to Aberdeen n den back to Glasgow dat nite for my gla interview da next day lol
:D

Lorah

Keeno said:
Yeah typically the letters they send take 2-3 days to arrive whereas the portal is meant to be updated overnight so you should in theory find out earlier. Do you still get mail? Your postman must be on holiday or something. Just how bad is the weather where you live. Sure it's windy and rainy but can hardly call it torrential. Where in the NE do you live? Further north than Newcastle?
If you were talking to me i live in the North West, which means lots of rain and i also live right by the coast so lots of wind too :( and to top it all off i have bad circulation so i get really really cold if the heating's not on! xoxox

Keeno

Sorry, can't read. Are we talking near Carlisle here? Thats the good thing about living on the east coast. Glasgow gets most of the bad weather and we get the leftovers.

I seem to bruise quite easily. Gave blood for the 1st time last Thursday and half my arm is now green :( aside from where they put the needle in of course :)

rhonahurley

I log into the portal all the time and nothings changed...
Makes me sad!

I think this portal thing is evil.

Keeno - I will laugh if we get an interview on the same day again. IF. I'm starting to feel as though the Aberdeen one is never coming.

Although thats silly because they interview til March.

Lorah

Keeno said:
Sorry, can't read. Are we talking near Carlisle here? Thats the good thing about living on the east coast. Glasgow gets most of the bad weather and we get the leftovers.

I seem to bruise quite easily. Gave blood for the 1st time last Thursday and half my arm is now green :( aside from where they put the needle in of course :)
No south of Carlisle, in a middle class bubble called Lytham St Annes!
A green arm eh? that must be painful. poor you. xoxox

PS keep checking my portal...

...NOTHING!!

Keeno

Its just funny cos it stopped flowing before I gave the full pint and as soon as they pulled the needle out I started bleeding and judging by the amount of bruising must have been some internal bleeding too.

Was attacked by more manic nurses with needles today cos I had my second hep b immunisation today.

How you been? Got fun week at school ahead?

Last edited:

Lorah

Keeno said:
Was attacked by more manic nurses with needles today cos I had my second hep b immunisation today.

How you been? Got fun week at school ahead?
ive got my third Hep B in February :( the last time i tensed up a bit so it stung like mad when she injected me cos she pushed it all in fast :(

ive been ok thanx, had a bit of a hectic day due to no frees! and i realised iv left some work that has to be in tomorrow in my locker **ooops**
fun week ahead? possibly not, did a whole hour of a chemistry test today which means we'll probably get the results later this week... ah the fun.

you been up2much? had a good day? xx