Anyone got interviews?

Keeno

Has anyone here got an interview at Aberdeen? Two of my friends have interviews on the 21st and 22nd of November respectively. These came through the post on Saturday. I still have not heard anything from them...

Oh well, got Glasgow interview to panic about!!:(

kjh*

Nope, no interview for me yet either. They do interview up until about march time I think so there is plenty time yet. Fingers crossed for everyone!

Keeno said:
Has anyone here got an interview at Aberdeen? Two of my friends have interviews on the 21st and 22nd of November respectively. These came through the post on Saturday. I still have not heard anything from them...

Oh well, got Glasgow interview to panic about!!:(
What grades did they get for their highers? I want an interview for Aberdeen!:p Have my Glasgow one a week tomorrow though.

Last edited:

Lorah

I want an Aberdeen interview :( do you know if they got acknowledgement before their interview 'cos i havent heard anything yet...

Keeno

One got 6A's and the other 5A's. Don't think it is based on that cos I got 5A's also plus I scored higher in UKCAT, admittedly thats a load of rubbish though.

I don't think they got acknowledgement. Just interviews. They both have other interviews. One also has Cambridge and the other has Glasgow

reneerichie

I haven't heard anything from aberdeen yet either, had interview for durham and acknowledgement from dundee. i wish this process wasn't so long and drawn out cos in the mean time i'm piling on the pounds by comfort eating with worry. haha. when do aberdeen do most of their interviews?

kjh*

well sorry to break up everyones theories on when we might possibly get interviews but the admissions lady said that there is no set way to who's application they get to see first so it will prob just be based on who's ucas application they've seen and that they fall in the top however many they interview

Necroyeti

I had a "mock interview" at Aberdeen back in August/September (The story behind that is, I had an interview last year because someone had cancelled, meaning I only had like 2 days to prepare... because I had asked for feedback on my rejection, they gave me a mock interview too in light of that.) and apparently I'm getting a proper interview round about January regardless of UKCAT, PS etc...

On the other hand, I haven't even got a confirmation letter yet :rolleyes:

rhonahurley

:( I want one.
Well, at least I've got Glasgow.

Keeno! You made me sad by telling me about these interviews.

Pfft, plenty of time guys!

Keeno

Just found out my friend got his acknowledgement letter through on Friday like me. Strange no? They tell him they have recieved his application a week after they give him an interview. I suppose they were sending him the code to log in to the portal thing.

Huw

I got my Applicant portal code thing with my letter. all u have to do it send sate ur date of birth and ur ucas id. they don't have a password to it, which is odd. :confused:

JessJellyBean

rhonahurley said:
:( I want one.
Well, at least I've got Glasgow.

Keeno! You made me sad by telling me about these interviews.

Pfft, plenty of time guys!

Same!

Good luck on your glasgow interview, I seem to be the only scot who doesn;t want to go there! I'll be thinking of you with all the rest of my mates who have interviews there!

Keeno

Its good in the sense that if someone steals yer letter, they have to know your date of birth to log on. Come to think of it. All they had to do was send him an email with the web address on it.

I got my interview on wednesday. I'm petrified. First interview and I've got to make my way up there and back on my own-hehehe it'll be a whole days travel from Wales!

kjh*

NobodyWeirdLikeMe said:
I got my interview on wednesday. I'm petrified. First interview and I've got to make my way up there and back on my own-hehehe it'll be a whole days travel from Wales!
ahh i'm so jealous! I want one really badly! Good luck though I'm sure you'll do just fabby! :)

Lorah

just letting you all know that ive FINALLY got an acknowledgement!! the letter was dated 21st... so it only took 2days to get here afterall... :)

JessJellyBean

NobodyWeirdLikeMe said:
I'll bet you did fantastically! I got mine through today, its on the 6th trust my furthest south and furthest north uni;s to give interviews the day after each other! so how did it go?