1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else got an interview (2013 entry?)

Discussion in 'Dundee Medical School' started by grey-heron, Nov 22, 2012.

1. grey-heron

grey-heron New Member

Just heard this week that I've been invited for interview. After a panic trying to hunt down my educational certificates which have scattered to all corners of my house after a couple moves (including a very staggered migration of every thing from my parents' house over to NL), I was able to set the date today and will be going over on the 3rd December.

Anyone else heard anything?

2. Martigan

Martigan Super Moderator

Congrats on the interview. Good luck!

3. grey-heron

grey-heron New Member

Incredible, Dundee gave me an offer! So soon, I wasn't expecting to hear anything until at least March - more bemused than anything at the moment :)

4. Zedd

Zedd Member

Great news :)

Wish I could say the same :( Darned 60% UKCAT weighting

5. grey-heron

grey-heron New Member

Rats :( that 60% weighting worked in my favour, for sure, but it's pretty tough on graduates. Heard anything from anywhere else?

6. Zedd

Zedd Member

I've only got Aberdeen left so I'm expecting to hear something in February I think.

7. Martigan

Martigan Super Moderator

Brilliant! Your "safe" now. Relax and enjoy the other interviews and you may well get a choice. It's an amazing feeling when you get that offer and know after all that stress worry and heart ache.

8. grey-heron

grey-heron New Member

Fingers crossed for you. Still waiting to hear from them too.

9. grey-heron

grey-heron New Member

It's an amazing feeling, I still haven't really got over the surprise that I heard something so soon. It's really great to know what direction my life is going in, especially since there's a lot of upheaval at my work at the moment, and I'm going to have to sell a house, and up sticks to another country, being able to focus on one direction, even if I'm not sure of the final destination is a real relief.

10. Martigan

Martigan Super Moderator

Can you keep the house, rent it out, and use the income to live bit better?

That's what I did.

11. grey-heron

grey-heron New Member

It's one option, but I don't much like the idea of having to manage it from abroad, and I'm not sure if it's worth it, given I'd also have the risk of the mortgage to cover. The other aspect is that I have three cats, so I need to be able to find cat-friendly accommodation, makes renting a bit harder. Hoping that if I sell it, I'll have a bit of wherewithal for accommodation wherever I end up. Of course, a lot depends on what I hear from Edinburgh and Aberdeen, one big point in Dundee's favour is the lower cost of living.

12. phuongseoer

phuongseoer New Member

Congrats on the interview. very good;)

13. chislim

chislim New Member

Greetings, please can someone give me previous expereience about the interview. whats is all like and what to expect. i understood it comprises 4 section academic record, motor skils, osce clinical scenario and interview. will really appreciate if someone can share his/her own interview for the postgraduate programme in rcsi dublin. thanks in advance