Any others rejected yesterday? - advice welcome

Discussion in 'Swansea Medical School' started by Dr_Scully, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Dr_Scully

Dr_Scully New Member

Hello all,

Yesterday I got rejected by Swansea but the week before they had asked me to obtain a new reference.
    I haven't been able to do get it to them yet (as my university is in the US), and now they've flat-out rejected me...Can anyone explain why this might be? Is it worth pursuing?
    I am calling them today to get a full explanation, but I want to fight it because it seems strange that they reject me after asking for more information!

Thanks for your help everyone - and good luck with your apps x

2. snakefisch

snakefisch Member

Definitely contact them, perhaps you didn't respond soon enough. I'm sure it's ok as as you say why would they request further information if they weren't interested in you?

3. Zedd

Zedd Member

It sounds like you didn't respond to them quickly enough. Did you let them know that you were having difficulties getting it to them?

4. Dr_Scully

Dr_Scully New Member

Thanks for the replies all..

I replied to their request immediately and said I wasn't sure if I could get the letter that they needed but that I would ask...am still waiting for a reply from my professor but I wasn't told if or when I'd run out of time..tried calling today a couple of time, no luck.

5. Zedd

Zedd Member

Well that blows! Hopefully you can get the reference and get in touch with the admissions officer!

6. afc1886

afc1886 New Member

Definitely let them know about your situation, as has been said they wouldn't have asked for more information if you weren't worth it :) Good luck!