Anatomy Help!

Discussion in 'Royal Free and University College Medical School' started by AA123, Apr 27, 2011.

1. AA123

AA123 New Member

Hi guys,

Was wondering if anyone could help.
    I'm quite useless at anatomy, practically don't know anything, Im in my first year, and my exams are in practically three weeks! :'(

Im a person who kinda memorises stuff, and with anatomy you can't really memorise the whole book, you have to understand it! Im finding it really difficult to learn the anatomy and was wondering whether you guys had any advice, tips, how you did anatomy in your first year.

I know I've left it till really late, and Im really stupid for doing that, but now whenever I pick up the D&P book, I just panic.

Thank you very much in advance!

2. aashh

aashh New Member

Pictures! And lots of them!

I found nothing more useful in learning anatomy than looking at pictures, and trying to get my head around them. Personally, I think the pictures in Gray's Anatomy are the best. If you want things simplified, instantanatomy.com is the place to go.

Good luck! =]

3. Bendy

Bendy New Member

What I did when I was in preclinics was to start an anatomy sketch book (I would literally just copy diagrams out of D&P into a nice sketch pad and colour them in with fancy colouring pencils). Probably not what you want to be doing weeks before a summative assessment, but next year maybe give it a shot. I found it a really enjoyable way to learn stuff that can sometimes be really dry, and at the time I felt it really made it stick in my head for exams.

B