Ambulance technician holding pool

Brenna fc

Hi - I had my interview on Tuesday for trainee ambulance technician in falkirk & received a call yesterday to say that I had been successful through the interview stage but they did not have a position to offer me at the minute so I would be held in a holding pool for 1 year.
I am a bit confused by this, has anyone else been in this situation and able to enlighten me any? Has anyone had s job from the holding pool? Or has anyone waited out the year without hearing anything?

Thanks in advance

Nicky123

Hey Brenna, I was I'm the same boat as you back in May when I had my interview...got offered a post I'm Aberdeen approx in August time to start in Nov.
So yeah worth waiting for as it could be April you may start.

Brenna fc

Hey Brenna, I was I'm the same boat as you back in May when I had my interview...got offered a post I'm Aberdeen approx in August time to start in Nov.
So yeah worth waiting for as it could be April you may start.

Thanks for your help. I was just confused as they had said there were courses nov, march and july but will keep my fingers crossed yet. Was it Aberdeen you had originally interviewed for? Congratulations and good luck for your course starting ☺

Nicky123

Thanks for your help. I was just confused as they had said there were courses nov, march and july but will keep my fingers crossed yet. Was it Aberdeen you had originally interviewed for? Congratulations and good luck for your course starting ☺
Hey when I had my interview I chose 3 locations as at the time they were looking for a few places...Aberdeen is ideal as only 30 mins from home.

Thank you though and good luck