1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Access to Medicine course at COWA 2013/14.

Discussion in 'Access to Medicine' started by Jessi., Feb 13, 2013.

1. Jessi.

Jessi. New Member

Hello

I was wondering if anyone else on here had received a place on the 2013/14 access course at COWA? If so what are people doing in terms of accommodation?

2. OllieF

OllieF New Member

Hi Jessi,

I'm currently on the A2M course at CoWA and (along with four others who're also on here) am staying in a house directly opposite the college. The commute in the morning is <30 seconds and if you apply for the Learner Support Fund, you'll probably get your accommodation paid for you. Let me know if you want the landlord's number.

3. Jessi.

Jessi. New Member

Hi Ollie

Thank-you for the reply, yes the landlords number would be very useful, thanks. Was there a way of contacting other people on the course also looking for accommodation or was it just coincidence that you ended up living with people on the A2M course?

4. OllieF

OllieF New Member

I actually made contact in the first instance with people through this forum, you might be able to get details through the college of people who're looking for housemates, but I'm not sure if they'll hold it. I'll send you the details of the landlord shortly.

5. addy123

addy123 New Member

Hi

I have an interview for the Access to Medicine course at COWA. Can anyone tell me about the assessments and the difficulty
    level of each one.
    What question is posed for the essay exam?
    I would be very greatful.

6. OllieF

OllieF New Member

I didn't take the essay exam upon entering CoWA Addy, but I imagine they'll change the question between years.

7. Jessi.

Jessi. New Member

Hi Addy, I really wouldn't worry in terms of the assessments or essay question, I can't remember exactly what it was but it wasn't anything awful . Good luck with the interview :)

8. OllieF

OllieF New Member

Additionally, if anyone has an interview and wants to ask some questions about the course, feel free to pop over for a cup of tea at our place.

9. AweysA

AweysA New Member

Hi all, nice to have a group where all potential/current COWA A2M students can talk about the course. Just wondering if anyone can enlighten me regarding the interview/assessment process? Cheers...

10. TPH

TPH New Member

When was/is the deadline for application for COWA for this coming year? Am I too late to apply? Noticed on the online application their last interview dates were March 6th so I am guessing so. Anyone fill me in? Cheers

11. OllieF

OllieF New Member

01553 761144 - College of West Anglia tel.
    admissions@col-westanglia.ac.uk - College of West Anglia email.

I believe they're still accepting applications, best thing to do is contact them on the number/email above.

12. Reidaroo

Reidaroo New Member

Hi there. I found out today that I've my interview on 15th May for 13/14 entry at CoWA. Does anyone have any idea what's covered in the one-to-one interview or the science test?

Thanks

R

13. TPH

TPH New Member

Yeah I've got an interview offer on the 15th as well and had wondered what it all entailed too. I've seen posts on here saying it's nothing to worry about but a little clarification would be good at easing any worries.The interview day's slap bang in the middle of my finals exams though so going to see if there's another open/interview day I could go along to, fingers crossed. Might see you there if not!

14. Reidaroo

Reidaroo New Member

Hey! Nice to hear from you. My concern is my science. It's been years since I did my exams so am a bit rusty. Will need to brush up. Would be good to know what it entails!

15. Reidaroo

Reidaroo New Member

Hi there, I might be a bit late. I'd the interview and assessment last week. It's really nothing to worry about. A short essay question, interview, maths and a verbal reasoning paper.

16. TPH

TPH New Member

Thanks Reidaroo! Did they let you know if you're in or no? What was turn out like? I need to email the admissions guy back to see if they are going to hold another interview day or whether all the places are gone; was supposed to be there at the assessment day on the 15th but I'm right in the middle of my exams at the mo (last one tomorrow thank god). Tom

17. Reidaroo

Reidaroo New Member

Hey, TPH. Yeah I got offered a place on the day. I think there were about 8 of us...no idea how many were due to attend. How did the exam go?

18. TPH

TPH New Member

Yeah okay I think, it's my last one anyway just got to wait and see. Hmm sounds worth getting in touch then to make sure if all places are gone or no, might do that today. You all sorted with accommodation and everything now?

19. OllieF

OllieF New Member

Hi guys,

Just a quick note to let you know that there's two rooms available in No. 13 Tennyson Avenue, which is right across from the college (commute time of ~10 seconds). I stayed there last year and had no problems at all. Worth a look if you're stuck for accommodation.

20. Goldenhawkw

Goldenhawkw New Member

Does anyone know when the course starts in September? I'm trying to plan exactly when we need to relocate to Kings Lynn.