aberdeen 2008...

Polldoll

Thanks for that!! My letter is dated 22 October so hopefully the post will produce it soon. Actually, it doesnt matter cause now iv seen it online!!
Px

elz

on my applicant site it says under status that my finance source needs to be determined (coz i put on my ucas form -not known). im worried now coz u cant seem to edit that on the ucas form. help

Farhana!!

i know tis a bit late seing as ppl replied to this thread like aages ago.. but ive applied to aberdeen too!! woo!! lol

Aaronface

Aberdeen start interviewing this year on Wednesday 21st November. FACT.
This is my first post and I've been lurking for a couple of months, but that comment encouraged me to join and actually say something.

That's my interview date! The letter came on Thursday, so they've definitely started :eek:

Strange, I'm not even Scottish...

wannadomedicine

wow, scary! I havent had any post in weeks. Congratulations on the interview, you mustve done well!
Give me a shout if you need any advice. I'll be around up there on the 21st

Aaronface

Thanks for all the support :D

Oh and it turns out my friend Eileen from school has an interview on the same day as me, except 20 minutes later. How random :confused:

Does anyone know if Aberdeen usually do stuff like this? My friend Paddy has an interview too, on the 27th... it seems like they just want to get the Northern Irish applicants over and done with so they can quickly move on lol.

wannadomedicine

No no not at all, there are a LOT of northern irish medics here! They seem to have a thing for them. lol
Probably just random because I remember when I applied Iw as the first in my school to get interviewed, followed by about 10 others randomly in feb and march.
Probably just a strange coincidence, unless things have changed - which is very likely, its been 3 years since I applied last.

Kookaburra

I got my interview letter today!! it's on the 5th of december, so i've got quite a while to prepare...does anybody know what proportion of applicants get interviewed? sounds like quite a few so i don't suppose i can get too excited :D

doc99

I got my interview letter today!! it's on the 5th of december, so i've got quite a while to prepare...does anybody know what proportion of applicants get interviewed? sounds like quite a few so i don't suppose i can get too excited :D
congrats on your interview!

man im getting worried now:p, i applied to aberdeen, an i liv in scotland and not heard anything :(:rolleyes:

Kookaburra

Ah, I wouldn't worry, people on this thread have said they keep giving out interviews till March! No one gets any offers before then anyway, so a later interview just means you'll have less of an agonisingly long wait for an offer! :)

doc99

Ah, I wouldn't worry, people on this thread have said they keep giving out interviews till March! No one gets any offers before then anyway, so a later interview just means you'll have less of an agonisingly long wait for an offer! :)
yeah, hey what does it say when you log on to your portal?

Kookaburra

It doesn't say anything :S it's odd because when i got my acknowledgement letter it went straight on there...but i'm thinking maybe because they only sent it on Friday and aren't back in the office yet or something...? I dunno.

The whole 'portal' thing seems kind of pointless... although it does make you feel special! For me it's just another thing i can check 10 times a day!

Keeno

OK just to reiterate a few points....

Your nationality makes no difference. I am Scottish and my interview last year was in mid march and i got an offer 2 weeks later. I didn't get the interview letter until mid-late february so there is no need to worry for a long time.

Don't know how much they have mentioned to the applicants but they are going to change the course within the next 2 years ( I heard about merging phases 1 and 2 ) due to the building of the new clinical skills center. With any luck you guys will still be at Marischal next year though. It is a great building, aside from the rather suspicious smell of burning that always hangs around the place ;)

Kookaburra

Oooh..how different is the new course going to be tho? Will we complete the whole of the older course or change to the new one once it's introduced? So many questions lol!