Aberdeen 2005 entry

Makey

Wahay,
Got my interview details today, the 10th as well!!!
:D
Gotta study up on them questions now...

x__gill__x

quite a few of us have interviews for the 10th now! i know its still a wee while away but what times are your interviews at? mines is at 14.50 so i'm just wondering if i might see any of you's there!
gill x.

Engelbert

Mine's 10.30am!! Are you still going on the tour at 12.30?? I'm glad mine's before the tour, i want to go in there fresh!

I'm stressed out with studying, i've listed the stuff i think i need to revise and there's just tons of issues, i think i'm doing too much. My weakest areas are definately issues such as NHS history, policies, waiting lists, postcode lotteries.. i'm really going to have to work hard at that!

Anyways, best of luck with your interviews everyone!!

EngelB

correctomondo

anyone for 27th of october? anyone?? where are you all? i think i'm going to be billy no mates :cry: :cry:

i think i'm doing too much
i agree

a week and two days to go and i've got so much stuff to do - v. scared.

x__gill__x

hey yeah i am going on the 12.30 tour doubt i'll be able to take much in though i'll be too nervous!.
I dont think i'm doing enough reading and stuff for this interview! i know all about the organisation and reforms of the NHS because we studied it in school last year but its the current issues and stuff i really need to read up on.

Stuart

My interview is at 10:50 so i'll no doubt see you Engelbert!! I'm going on the tour at 12:30 too. I'm getting a bit nervous now- i really want this offer!

rahaney

It seems that there are several people on the 27th Oct (see first posts) and many on the 10th Nov.

Is there any1 else on the 26th Oct - or am i gonna be the first one of the year? Not sure if that's a good or bad thing :?

cheers

rahaney

Submatrix

I applied for Aberdeen and had the form processed on Oct 5th too.

No response at all. Am I rejected or what? I was predicted ABB.

rahaney

I replied to your post in the other thread.

But i don't think you have anything to worry about.

You are probably in a pile being graded by a doctor who is behind in their research.

There are a million reasons why you have not heard - problems in the post, computer broken, .....

You can check rejections through ucas, interviews are not listed.

Cheers,

rahaney

correctomondo

in a pile being graded by a doctor who is behind in their research
at the aberdeen open day i'm sure they said admissions staff checked through the ucas forms not doctors.

Aye, there's 2 but thats still 1 more than the 26th!

I can't be the only 1...
its true what they say - there's always someone worse of then you,
good luck

Stuart

I think they put everyone into different piles. 1. definite interview 2. interview maybe 3.rejection. I wouldn't worry anyway- it's very early days yet. They may have just not read your form yet!

x__gill__x

hey Submatrix i totally wouldn't worry at all as everyone else has said its really early days yet and it could be december or later before you hear from aberdeen! i think ABB is the minimum grades for A level they want so theres so reason for them to reject you and i'm sure you'll get an interview!
good luck
gill x.

icklepickle

Yeayyy against all odds I have an interview! On the 14th December.... which is ages to panic about it! Im thinking it'll either be a good christmas, or a not so good one...

Good luck everyone! *pickle*

Rafiki

Graduate Application 2005

Hi all :D ,

Im applying as a Graduate, currently studying at Aberdeen Uni. Recieved an acknowledgement letter but no interview yet.

Anyone else applying as a graduate?

rahaney

I'm a grad - There seems to be several of us - chekc out the mature forum.

I have found tho that applying as a graduate is different than applying as a ugrad - quicker more favourable responses :wink: .

What course u doin? I think i remember someboday last year or year before successfully switching to meidicine whilst @ Aberdeen.

Cheers,

rahaney

Engelbert

Rahaney! i didn't realise you were a grad!

Did they give you a harder time than the non-grads would you say? Did they ask you about your uni degree or expect a greater level of scientific knowledge or anything?

icklepickle

Im a grad too, im sure someone mentioned that there seems to be loads of us grad applying to Aberdeen heheh, they seem like really nice people, compared to some admissions teams, like, *cough* manchester, ahem... anyway nice to ehar from yas!

*pickle*

Rafiki

Studying Bsc Hons Physiology. Aberdeen Medical school really nice and some friendly lecturer's. I know some people that studied the biomedical degree got into second year med as they had Previously studied anatomy. Also some second year biomedical students that do well can switch into 1st year med. I just wanna get in!!!! :lol: