a level requirement for GEP

Discussion in 'Imperial College School of Medicine' started by josh90, Jul 1, 2011.

1. josh90

josh90 New Member

Hi, was wondering if anyone knows what the a level requirements - if any - are for the 4 year course at imperial? i cant seem to find the info on their website.
    thanks.

2. zhangyuzhi

zhangyuzhi New Member

I think it's BBB

3. django

django Member

4. django

django Member

can anyone clarify this?

5. django

django Member

I've emailed admissions to check :)

6. Profanius

Profanius New Member

It took me three months of chasing to confirm the GEP entry requirements by email... so don't hold your breath.

The reply I got is that they don't have any A-level requirements, however, they do have very specific degree requirements. This must be a 2:1 or above in a biological science which covers mammalian cell biology and physiology. The specific requirements are on their website. They also require a minimum of 100+ hours dedicated laboratory experience as part of the degree. They do accept second degrees (unlike Bristol, Soton and Barts) and they do accept OU degrees (unlike Birmingham).

They also mention the UKCAT and that a score of 640 is required in all areas - no mention of what the cut-off is though.

7. django

django Member

Thanks for the information, Profanius. Sounds like I qualify, which is always good news.

Cheers.

8. livim

livim Member

I called them the other day and they said you don't even need to put them in to ucas because they won't look at them (obv check you don't need them for other choices before applying!) Good luck everyone!

9. Profanius

Profanius New Member

Before taking advice from Imperial, I would read the declaration on the UCAS site. You are expected to list all academic qualifications - even the failed ones, be they relevant to your application or not.
    Failure to do so can result in UCAS arbitrarily rejecting your application.

10. livim

livim Member

Oh no, I've been really dumb then... I didn't put my GCSEs on my ucas, not cos they r bad just because I didn't think they were relevant! Will my application get rejected by ucas then? Is there anyway to add them on?

11. Profanius

Profanius New Member

I can't honestly give you an answer to that, I would contact UCAS just to be sure. I'm just repeating what it says in the UCAS smallprint but I'm sure it catches out quite a few people - especially with Unis advising people to the contrary.

It might seem a bit odd to UCAS that you don't have any GCSEs, but if it does you'll probably hear from them to complete the form in full.

12. Snowflake

Snowflake New Member

Hi you all

just wondering, so in short... as long your (GCSEs/)A-levels are above their requirement (BBB etc), Imperial won't even look at your GCSEs/A-levels and just consider your degree classification?

If so, I've heard that they'll require you to give them a list of your modules and etc, does than mean they'd want to know your individual module scores then?

Sorry for the questions guys!