775 UKCAT;1st Class Life sciences degree...chemistry content query...should I apply?

Discussion in 'Glasgow Medical School' started by Clibnarii, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Clibnarii

Clibnarii New Member

I'm an international student with a 1st Class Honours Degree in the Applied Biological Sciences, from a U.K University. I think my UKCAT is quite good (see signature) and I was wanting to apply to the Glasgow 5 year program.

However I don't have the A level qualifications, which according to their admissions guide (the .pdf document) should be, and I quote "A relevant science degree will normally be a BSc degree and will include a sufficient amount of Biology and Chemistry modules. "

I sent an e-mail to them today but I don't know if I will get a reply before the deadline given that its both late and busy. I got my degree less than 5 years ago, so that's not the issue (graduated in 2011) So what do I do? Risk an admission slot? Does anyone have prior knowledge about applying with a life sciences degree to the Glasgow 5 year program?

Thanks in advance. :)

2. Martigan

Martigan Super Moderator

Call them!

To be blunt, you look to be target material for most medschools, so it's unlikely that they won't consider your degree to supersedes a-levels. If they don't, most other medschools won't care about the a-levels...