547 ukcat...where can I apply?

mahimacharan

I am totally shocked by this result, last year i got 590 and did no work this year I worked so ****ing hard and got this.
I just think Im the unluckiest person ever and am totally faithless!

can anyone tell me if there is any point in reapplying?! and if so where can i even have a glimmer of a chance in getting in..

sometimes i think i shouldnt even be doing medicine!

thanks

Kinkerz

Give Keele a close look, G. If I remember correctly, they don't even look at the UKCAT.
You remember incorrectly! They do look at it, but they don't use it heavily, unlike Newcastle, Manchester, King's, Barts.

There are universities that simply don't use it at all: Birmingham, Liverpool and Bristol. Also, there are the BMAT universities that don't look at the UKCAT: UCL, Imperial, Cambridge and Oxford.

Hey, thought I would make my contribution to this forum. First of all I know how the people on this forum with <600 UKCAT points feel. I didnt get over 600 either, infact mine was much worse, but we wont get into how I feel about the UKCAT :mad:

Yes Aberdeen interview but only after they have scored you on three elements; a score for academics, a score for your ucas form (which is PS and ref) and the dreaded UKCAT. The UKCAT only counts as 4% so those with Low test scores could maybe consider Aberdeen?

TEO

Give Keele a close look, G. If I remember correctly, they don't even look at the UKCAT.
Ofcourse keele consider the ukcat. The simplest advice we can give u is to choose universities which dont use the ukcat. Bristol/liverpool/bham.

GL

DMXX

Ofcourse keele consider the ukcat. The simplest advice we can give u is to choose universities which dont use the ukcat. Bristol/liverpool/bham.

GL
Apologies; I mixed up Keele and Bristol in my head, because I applied to both of 'em last year...

mahimacharan

thanks for the advice but im ****in sick with medicine.
its messed up my life and my passion for doing a career that will take my life away is slowly dying.

i always wanted to do medicine because i felt that medicine would be the best way to serve the community but ive now realised that it isnt the case.

i have seen a life of medicine from when i was a little kid and its not glamorous, i guess today really opened my eyes and could have infact saved me from making the wrong decision about what i want to do.

thankyou for all ure help, its been much appreciated.

mahimacharan

trust me i used to be fanatic about medicine until this whole admission process. i was determined to get in! i really was but i know realise that theres just so much that medicine requires from you..its a constant struggle ryt from wen u start to the end of ure life. and i dnt want that ..i have to admire u all to be so willing to give up ure whole lives to a career. i just cudnt do it
x

samanthachan3

It's worth it.
If I didn't want to pursue a career in Medicine for my entire life caring for other people, i'd only strive to care for people in other ways for the rest of my life, so it makes no difference.
I feel my purpose, my life is to care for people and Medicine is the greatest way that you can achieve that along with many other benefits...:) xx

xasbuka

Hello everyone
Iam new in this site. I sat my UKCAT Exam yesterday and it was really horible. I really scored . Any advise what to do next. I got verbal :390, Quantitative 390, abstract 540, and Decision 450. i cant believe it i scored this score. ANY SUGGESTIONS???????

THE UNIS I WANT TO APPLY FOR ARE KINGS- FOUNDATION MEDICINE, EAST ANGLIA 5YR PROGRAM, ST GEORGES FOUNDATION MEDICINE AND LEICESTER 5 YR PROGRAM.

I WAS WONDERING IF I CAN APPLY WITH THIS SCORE.

THANKS

natscat84

Don't bother with Leicester - they look at your lowest mark on the UKCAT, not your average mark, so you wouldn't get to interview (I didn't last year and I had over 500 in everything, and wouldn't qualify this year because I got a 500!)

Try applying to unis that don't look at the UKCAT. Bristol I know is one

Kinkerz

Yeah Bristol, Birmingham and Liverpool might be the ones to target - they don't use the UKCAT what so ever.

Beware about GCSE requirements at Birmingham and Liverpool however.