2010/2011 entry stats (Useful for putting you guys at ease while waiting for reply!)

Discussion in 'Aberdeen Medical School' started by ryujin, Oct 18, 2011.

1. ryujin

ryujin New Member

Applied: 1450
    Interviews: 643
    Offers: 426
    Accepted: 182

% people got interviews
    44.34%

% people got offers from interviewed
    66.25%

I'm applying to Aberdeen too, but those figures gives me some hope!

information from getting into medical school 2012 entry

2. LouiseP

LouiseP New Member

Thanks for posting this!
    Aberdeen is my 1st choice so fingers crossed i'm one of those 426 this year ha! :)

3. ryujin

ryujin New Member

Haha, its my 2nd choice! But would still love to go! (only my 2nd choice cause my 1st choice is a GEP)

4. LouiseP

LouiseP New Member

Yeah i'm a graduate too but I just can't afford the fees down in England so i'm only applying for 5 year scottish courses.. Let me know how you get on with your Aberdeen app :)

5. ryujin

ryujin New Member

lol, the fees are difficult... I'm in london, so i'm going to have to pay 9000 a year at aberdeen, they still haven't properly announced the fees I would have to pay if i go to aberdeen though, english student studying normal subjects don't pay for their 4th year, would that apply to medicine students and then nhs pays 5th year? I highly doubt it but until they say otherwise, I can hope!
    I can just about afford the fees... Through my degree I've saved £20k can save money by staying with my uncle in aberdeen (not ideal, but he has a nice house lol), can prob pay the 3rd years fee using years 1-3 maitenence loan and then year 4 prob have to borrow money from family :(
    Not idea but better than nothing!

6. Tess_Tickles

Tess_Tickles Member

Pretty good stats for the 2nd best Medical School in the country :)

Of course my views are bias, but I highly recommend coming here...brand new teaching centre, brand new library (not medical, but still sexy anyway), brand new sports facilities and we're getting a brand new critical care building (which is massive) next year.

Aberdeen ftw. ;)

7. Tess_Tickles

Tess_Tickles Member

P.S. If you get interviews, I might be one of the tour guides, and I aim for my tour to be one of the most memorable...probably for all the wrong reasons.

8. gh70

gh70 New Member

Interview 14/12/2011 - whoop de whoop!

9. ryujin

ryujin New Member

wow.. in 2 weeks...
    a little jealous, but at the same time, thankful i'll have christmas holidays to prepare for any interveiws (if i even get any!)

10. starsmurf

starsmurf New Member

Sorry, what is the fee situation for Scottish students who have been to university before? If you do have to pay, how much is it and can you get a loan?

I studied at university but had to leave before graduation for health reasons. So I'm not a graduate and not a first timer either!

11. Claire2210

Claire2210 New Member

Hi gh70. Congrats on the interview and good luck! I'm a graduate too with the same UKCAT score as you and was just wondering what your Highers are like? (if you don't mind me asking). I've yet to hear from anywhere I've applied to and I'm getting impatient!

12. Kensei

Kensei New Member

Hey Claire,
    Aberdeen doesn't really care about the high school exams in grad applications (as long as you've got the required B in chemistry). It's all about your first degree and your extra-curricular activities/ job experience / volunteering.

Kensei

13. Claire2210

Claire2210 New Member

Hi Kensei

Thanks for the reply. I was just getting a bit worried as my Highers aren't brilliant although I do have a B in Chemistry. Hopefully my degree, personal statement and reference are strong enough to get me an interview!