!!!2005 Decisions!!!!

correctomondo

SmileyDrMatt said:
Hmmm - something makes me think that I live in the wrong country lol
ditto.

unconditional offers, kilts, snow, mountains, that shortbread stuff, breathtaking scenery, highland cows, haggis, erm...

correctomondo

matt i'm sure we're missing something really big and obvious here. i'll think some more - help greatly appreciated from anyone (esp. those who are scottish)

frh

I believe Matt likes our 'funny bank notes' as well. You have them in Northern Ireland too I think, wannado? Too bad the IRA didn't realise that when they robbed that bank lol...

correctomondo

scottish bank notes are strange - can you still get £1 notes? - but nicer than ours. not all shops in england accept them, we sometimes get the odd customer at work who refuses to take them as change.

correctomondo

i have some more for the list;
dwarf tossing
that big hydro electric water thing underground with the loche (sp?) above
bagpipes <-- the big obvious one

frh

We do indeed have £1 notes correcto. Tis so annoying when you go down south and shop assistants treat you like a criminal if you try to pay with Scottish money (I'm sure you don't ;) ), I imagine it's worse with northern Irish notes tho!! Once tried to buy lunch at our school canteen with a Northern Bank note and the cook just refused to take it! Ironically she gave me a euro cent in change the next day, obviously thinking it was a penny!

frh

correctomondo said:
i have some more for the list;
dwarf tossing
that big hydro electric water thing underground with the loche (sp?) above
bagpipes <-- the big obvious one
Loch. And that hydro power scheme is at Ben Cruachan isn't it? Been there, done that lol...

wannadomedicine

lol I dont even take Northern bank notes anymore
have never had any problem with scottish ones
wouldnt take a bank of england note greater than 20 tho!
dont trust those english :) lol
ARE THE DECISIONS OUT TOMORROW?!!

correctomondo

i'm as nice as pie with people who give me scottish notes - i suspect i'd be ten times as nice if they were tips!! never seen any irish bank notes though :(

correctomondo

whats wrong with the northern bank notes? i thought ireland was united in its bank notes - never knew there are two types. do you get english bank notes too?
i wouldnt take an english note higher than 20 either. most shops have scanners incase someone wants to pay with a £50 to check that its la-jit (no idea how to spell it but this is how it sounds, i hope you follow)

frh

Correcto, i was about to ask just that!!! I thought Aberdeen was gonna be your insurance wannado, (or your firm if you couldn't afford London)???